Stock Market

Help Support CattleToday:

millstreaminn":1sd9o4sr said:
Brute 23":1sd9o4sr said:
millstreaminn":1sd9o4sr said:
I hold quite a few different stocks. These 7 make up 75% of my total investment listed from the most invested to the least: Amazon, Boeing, Microsoft, Face Book, Google, Bank of America and United Health. My portfolio is up 13.14% this year. I buy a set amount of Amazon, Boeing and Microsoft every week- regardless if their up or down. I might just be lucky but its hard to bet against the winners.

What's the benefit of doing that over just buying the S&P500?

I occasionally day trade some of those that I listed.

Got ya.

Dave":1pept3gh said:
I lost my shirt twice in the stock market. Both times it took years to get back to even. There has to be better places to put hard earned money than letting the shiny shoes boys play with it.

The shiny shoes dudes keep up with Presidents and Execs way better than I do. A company gets a new executive and I have no idea what that could mean. Is he going to bankrupt them or turn them around? I have no idea what the company's assets are either.

There are investors who follow people. I missed a tip once that I should have paid attention to.

To beat indexed funds requires it to be a full time job and hiring anyone to do it costs you 100% of the added gains.
= only way for small guy to consistently out perform indexed funds = pure luck

Son of Butch":1pteqi6n said:
To beat indexed funds requires it to be a full time job and hiring anyone to do it costs you 100% of the added gains.

True for the average and the unlucky.
But
Most of us work in, or have worked in, areas where we have gained insight the public does not. Then you an edge. Peter Lynch talked about the a lot.

Son of Butch":3fsp0h33 said:

I have some money that is professionally managed through my broker. It's invested in ETF's. My personal stock portfolio (that I manage) has returned more than the professionally managed account for the last 1 1/2 years. (He's only managed my money for 1 1/2 years)

Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good...

Brute 23":1wqu0f93 said:
The stock market does not come natural to me. I like tangible goods. With that said, you can not ignore it. Just like taxes. No where else can the average man passively invest and generate that kind of wealth from basically nothing.
Me too...I buy a 30 pack every payday. :lol2:

Many years ago I invested in something that didn't cost a cent to invest in, never devalues in price, and has an awesome payout when you cash it in.
If you haven't invested in it yet, then you are missing out on the investment of a lifetime!

Stocker Steve":3m3bt8lv said:
Brute 23":3m3bt8lv said:
I like tangible goods.

The value of the scrap iron parked at my place went up 33% YTD. Kicking be nice on the stock market!!!

I bet the markets' net, especially over any period of time, has scrap beat... but its always good to diversify. :) Especially since scrap is a byproduct it makes your cost basis pretty low. Its borderline mail box money. :lol:

Latest posts