Stock market

Help Support CattleToday:

TennesseeTuxedo":jq6gvn50 said:
SJB":jq6gvn50 said:
i guarantee a sell off if it looks like Trump can win. the big money is very much pro-clinton. right now, the electoral college predictions are 209/154 with 175 tossups according to realclearpolitics.com.

if you're invested long term, it won't matter. but if you're looking for an entry/exit, i'd keep how you think the election is going as one of your indicators.

It is very difficult to "time" the market. Some do it with success. I'm pretty poor at it.
As are 99% of the rest of us.

True Grit Farms":33ljq2a1 said:
Sometimes you act like Richard and sometimes you act like Dick, I wish you'd make your mind up. But one thing is for sure, I don't "get it all back" which I'm good with most of the time. It hurts seeing tax dollars wasted, because a lot of us worked hard for that tax money.
Oh you get it back many times over even if you have to do it $.35 a gallon.

TexasBred":1dsgfpzj said:
True Grit Farms":1dsgfpzj said:
Sometimes you act like Richard and sometimes you act like Dick, I wish you'd make your mind up. But one thing is for sure, I don't "get it all back" which I'm good with most of the time. It hurts seeing tax dollars wasted, because a lot of us worked hard for that tax money.
Oh you get it back many times over even if you have to do it $.35 a gallon.

The federal excise tax on diesel fuel is only $.24.4 a gallon. The boss said we paid taxes on just less than 3 thousand gallons of road fuel last year. I do burn off road fuel but not very often. I try and keep my ducks in a row the best that we can. Because it's hard to fight when your guilty.

TexasBred":2td1xhqo said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2td1xhqo said:
SJB":2td1xhqo said:
i guarantee a sell off if it looks like Trump can win. the big money is very much pro-clinton. right now, the electoral college predictions are 209/154 with 175 tossups according to realclearpolitics.com.

if you're invested long term, it won't matter. but if you're looking for an entry/exit, i'd keep how you think the election is going as one of your indicators.

It is very difficult to "time" the market. Some do it with success. I'm pretty poor at it.
As are 99% of the rest of us.

I'm good at timing the market. I can always find the right time to buy right before the bottom falls out. Anyone needs any advice, send me a PM and I'll give you some stock tips. :lol2: :banana:

I'm into buying and holding. I tried to be a day trader and didn't fare too well. I'm looking to retire in 30 years so I still buy on dips. On a side note: Had you have invested 1,000 in various years in BRK/A (Berkshire Hathaway- Buffet) here's what you would have today.

greybeard":1nqripg7 said:
$1000 in 1964 was a huge amount of money. Equivalent to $7,654.53 today.

And the price of ONE share of Berkshire Hathaway is probably close to 200 grand now. So much for that plan.

TexasBred":37lc06gv said:
greybeard":37lc06gv said:

And the price of ONE share of Berkshire Hathaway is probably close to 200 grand now. So much for that plan.

You might try a GoFundMe deal. Tell everyone you won't feel comfortable till you own at least ten shares. Don't be greedy just shoot for ten.

Jogeephus":7jjvesp0 said:
TexasBred":7jjvesp0 said:
greybeard":7jjvesp0 said:

You might try a GoFundMe deal. Tell everyone you won't feel comfortable till you own at least ten shares. Don't be greedy just shoot for ten.
:clap: :clap: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap:

Preface by saying I don't no **** about Wall Street

I just sat through an hour long presentation given by a John Hancock analyst and I'll do my best to regurgitate what I got from it.

The market had a big sell off very earky in the first quarter.
At that time the analysts predicted a 2% gain in the overall market for 2016
So far we have out performed that by about 2-3% with some ups and downs throughout the year.
They see a down turn in the market as we near the November election.
Historically the big business seems to favor a republican president but they are more focused on who controls the house and senate.

As to what he sees and recommends
Put less into foreign investments, small cap, emerging markets and etc
He feels the larger cap, real estate and natural resources will be more stable.
He had specifics on the Permian basin play, different oil companies and etc

But overall this election has been more strange than any he has experienced in the past and for the most part they are very neutral on the market till after the election because both candidates have very different ideas on energy, healthcare, and so on

My take was go very conservative but again it was one guy and I may have misinterpreted as he went over my head a time or two