Stimulus

Help Support CattleToday:

I just pulled up the Stimulus Bill. 5593 pages of which I scanned 51 pages (in the USDA portion) .
I can say, without fear of contradiction, that responsible men did not write nor read nor pass such
legislation. It is totally depressing. I suppose I should add to all but a bureaucrat or rampant liberal.
Any cfap money there for us cow boys.

Actually it would have been much better for him had he pretended to e a leader ..
I had zero problem with his agenda. I was highly skeptical during the 2016 primary but he delivered or tried to on everything he promised. That's leading in my book.

You people have zero clue what Sleepy Joe stands for. He was against oil and gas before he was for it, remember? Well, he doesn't either, lol

Maybe you know the saying, "When you point one finger, there are three fingers pointing back to you."
It would seem that you cannot have a decent conversation without name calling.
Guess its ok when you're on one side of the coin and come on here and push your agenda, but if you disagree its name calling, it's even ok to do it if you're from another country to do it, really doesn't matter to me, find one thread that I've started about pushing a political agenda, about politics or religion, if you do you're three fingers will stand, if not, I have my one finger.

Guess its ok when you're on one side of the coin and come on here and push your agenda, but if you disagree its name calling, it's even ok to do it if you're from another country to do it, really doesn't matter to me, find one thread that I've started about pushing a political agenda, about politics or religion, if you do you're three fingers will stand, if not, I have my one finger.
what makes you so mean and grouchy?

what makes you so mean and grouchy?
From the standpoint of cattle, attitude/behavior can be genetic or environment related. Can't change genetics. Sometimes a change in environment/conditions can make a difference. After that, culling the problem cow may be the solution. Thing is, none of my cows are perfect. So, I can't cull all of them. But after a while, the biggest problems get my attention. :)

As far s the stimulus goes, corporate and special interests are the ones benefiting the most. It's plain to see that the individual isn't a high priority on either side of the aisle. The politicians are all either out for themselves or their special interest donors. They only get concerned about what the people need or want around election time and then they give a lot of lip service, and afterwards it's back to business as usual. The government picks winners and losers just depends on which party is in power. Some industries/businesses are either taxed or relieved or subsidized. Industries are either allowed to be unrestricted in their growth or influence and others are regulated to ridiculousness. What ever the situation the individual seldom benefits. Farmers are a prime example. There are so many factors artificially playing along with the industry and the supply and demand principles are barely relevant except when those in controlling positions want to use it to their advantage as they do every other factor.
The stimulus if it was going to be, in my opinion should have been centered on individuals. Whether we agree with it or not the politicians are going to give money to their interests. Lobbyists are the real power and not the people. Individuals are only needed for votes and quickly forgotten afterwards.

What KY said can be verified in part by looking at the amount of dollars spent in behalf of a candidate for a particular office.

I had zero problem with his agenda. I was highly skeptical during the 2016 primary but he delivered or tried to on everything he promised. That's leading in my book.

You people have zero clue what Sleepy Joe stands for. He was against oil and gas before he was for it, remember? Well, he doesn't either, lol
I know exactly what he stands for and it's not good. Why I voted for Trump twice. Just still think he is his own worst enemy.

I've had to show a photo I D and voter refute vote for as long as I can remember.
Same here if you are voting in person. I don't think the poll workers even attempt to determine if you match up with the photo. They just scan the code on the drivers license to match you up with the registered voter list. This past year, I requested absentee voting due to Covid. Less security in that procedure here. You go online to generate the request for an absentee ballot. That requires you know the name, address, and DOB (if I remember correctly). Then you are matched up with a registered voter on the list and mailed a ballot to the address on the voter list. Fill it out, sign it, get a witness to sign (wife in my case) and return it. Some checks in that process that would keep an honest person in compliance, but maybe less than for in person voting. Not sure what checks are in place for those states that just mail a ballot to everyone on the list. Or what checks are in place to ensure that only those who are eligible are registered. Or that each person is only registered in ONE place. I really don't have firsthand detailed knowledge of the tabulation process or the safeguards there. But suspect all of the voting process could be improved to make it more secure.

I am not in the group that is "certain" that the election was stolen. But I do believe that election integrity is very important and that there should be procedures in place to ensure that each "eligible" person is allowed to vote "once" in each election. AND that for a fair election, we should all accept the results of "we the people". Starting this year, we won't be able to fly on an airplane or enter certain federal properties without a passport or an ID that meets the requirements for the "Real ID" act. I believe that there should be safeguards on the voting process at least as stringent as being able to open a bank account, get a new doctor, or fly on a plane.

Maybe we all should be implanted with a chip that can be scanned when we vote and compared to a master federal list "in the cloud" to verify our eligibility. :)

Latest posts