stillage

Help Support CattleToday:

cleav

Reaction score
has anybody ever fed stillage and what is your opinion on it if it is free would it be worth fooling with.

Either you mean silage or is this possibly a word for the grain that would be left over after processing into ethanol? I was at a producers meeting last night and the speaker was saying that these leftovers after processing would have all the nutrients needed for keeping cows over winter. Don't remember whether it was recommended for calves or first calvers though.

Cattle Rack Rancher":ks5kl8rw said:
Either you mean silage or is this possibly a word for the grain that would be left over after processing into ethanol? I was at a producers meeting last night and the speaker was saying that these leftovers after processing would have all the nutrients needed for keeping cows over winter. Don't remember whether it was recommended for calves or first calvers though.

I was thinking the same thing. If it's from the ethonal/booze manufacturing process they're usually restirred to as DG-Distillers Grain, or DDG-Dried Distillers Grain. I'm fairly sure that the link to the feed compostion chardt has distillers grains on it.

dun

Bernard":ayrgmouk said:
Restirred?
How much of that DG* stuff have you had? :)

*D--n Good

Fingers and brain, fingers and brain. Some day I'll get them to work together!

dun

Right now wet glutten feed is $26.60 per ton dropped at the farm. Wet distillers is $35, and dry is $75. We fed a little ground hay, ground corn stover and 1 1/2 lbs. of glutten to the old cows that were on stalks last year. We fed glutten to the calves last year. I think my ration now calls for 6# of wet distillers per hd. for the weaned calves. Very high in protien, but I think it's low in calcium.

Latest posts