Still Waiting for Rain in Central Texas. (much-pics)

Help Support CattleToday:

Last front brought a bunch of COLD wind, no kind of wet at all. :cry2:

No rain = no ryegrass + not much hay left

Gonna have to do something by about mid-February. :???:

cypressfarms":3jtggebf said:
so vett,

Nothing from the front that just passed through?
Had my mind on yesterdays activities I forgot my own "it's dry cry thread".  :D Went out early in the cold to see how much we got.  Don't know why the rain guage wasn't frozen but when I turned it upside down 2 drops came out, shook it hard to get the 3rd to come out.

1982vett":5f33ds3k said:
cypressfarms":5f33ds3k said:
so vett,

Had my mind on yesterdays activities I forgot my own "it's dry cry thread".  :D Went out early in the cold to see how much we got.  Don't know why the rain guage wasn't frozen but when I turned it upside down 2 drops came out, shook it hard to get the 3rd to come out.

Good rain here last night when the front came through did ya'll get any relief.

Caustic Burno":2n7qyri9 said:
1982vett":2n7qyri9 said:
cypressfarms":2n7qyri9 said:
so vett,

Good rain here last night when the front came through did ya'll get any relief.

Nothing over here but, from my location I could sure see the sky light up in your direction. Did that temp drop or what??

Looks like it is going to hit this time.

24 mph wind kind of concerns me, tonado watch till 5 am.

We got .71" here in Johnson County. It all came in about 15 minutes along with some strong wind gusts. You should do about the same. Good Luck

Got 3/10ths and a lot of wind for a 2 day total of 4/10ths. My oats is going to enjoy that and might get a little growth spert from some of it.

Now we wait for the next rain.

1982vett":3jf972uh said:
Got 3/10ths and a lot of wind for a 2 day total of 4/10ths. My oats is going to enjoy that and might get a little growth spert from some of it.

Now we wait for the next rain.

Almost a half an inch, great news Vett! You wouldn't want to get 6" at a time would ya? Good you finally got some of the wet stuff of life, even if it wasn't a whole bunch.

cypressfarms":1hubx9sg said:
Almost a half an inch, great news Vett! You wouldn't want to get 6" at a time would ya? Good you finally got some of the wet stuff of life, even if it wasn't a whole bunch.

Not so much for me, but a lot of folks need stock water. I have one pond I closed the gate on to keep cows from getting stuck in it. A 6 incher just might put a little in them. Just the same I'd rather have an inch a day for a week.

One thing about Texas 3/4 quarters of the state is one rain storm away from a total drought and the other quarter[where I live] is one rain storm away from a flood...Good luck central Texas

Hey, we got a shower yesterday afternoon. Didn't do much more than get the ground damp but it was the third try this month. Better than not trying at all. Two cells passed, one to the north and one to the south. Both gave small areas a pretty good rain so I hear.

1982vett":1y6mwv93 said:
Hey, we got a shower yesterday afternoon. Didn't do much more than get the ground damp but it was the third try this month. Better than not trying at all. Two cells passed, one to the north and one to the south. Both gave small areas a pretty good rain so I hear.

Vett,

You've gotten more rain than me this month so far. Watch out central Texas, I feel a comeback!

Man I hope ya'll can get some relief we are still getting rain here might turn off tomorrow, we have had about 5 inches year to date. That is about a inch and a half below normal for us.

It's been a week since we got our last rain. Things are really trying to green up. Could use a good soaker. Looks like we had another shower thru the night (concrete is wet) and the air is real heavy this morning. Supposed to have a 30% chance today for rain. Will have to wait and see.

Caustic and Cypress, I don't know if it is good that your boots are getting a chance to dry out. Coming into corn planting time here so it is time for some drying time. Course everyone needs rain before planting since their is no ground moisture. I suppose those that have irrigation available will plant and then water to get it up.

That sure was a pretty rain band,as usual not far enough south,but Im glad some folks got rain,this kendall county area has missed it all,I wont be planting anything this year,not till the weather pattern changes,and wont restock till the barns are full and these burnt pastures have recoverd,whenever that is.
good luck

HAY MAKER":1bb6nbdf said:
That sure was a pretty rain band,as usual not far enough south,but Im glad some folks got rain,this kendall county area has missed it all,I wont be planting anything this year,not till the weather pattern changes,and wont restock till the barns are full and these burnt pastures have recoverd,whenever that is.
good luck
Your down in the middle of no rain, at least I'm on the edge, still it doesn't look good. Depleated moisture, windy time of the year coming (like that is anything different than recent norm), temps are going to start rising to full blown summer. Area needing rain is still getting larger.

Be still my heart. Just check the forecast and look what I found.
an up grade from showers to actual rain---- for two days, Wednesday and Thursday.

Hope it's a mud maker. :D

Latest posts