Still trying to post pictures

Help Support CattleToday:

jedstivers":ecpzo178 said:
Still no pictures posted, have used another computer beside mine so we could fallow directions exactly with no luck. Help please.

I have been trying to post pictures here also. Have done it as an "attachment" to a post (see "upload attachment" tab below the text posting area) several times and is the easiest (in my opinion) way to do it.

However last couple times I've tried to post a picture as an attachment I get an error message saying "board quota for attachments/photos is full" or something like that.

The only other way I know of is to get the picture onto a picture storage site somewhere else on the web and then paste that picture url into the space between what you get when you click on the "Img" icon above the posting message area.

I don't know if this helps you or not but good luck.

SRBeef":1grygfq1 said:
jedstivers":1grygfq1 said:
Still no pictures posted, have used another computer beside mine so we could fallow directions exactly with no luck. Help please.

I have been trying to post pictures here also. Have done it as an "attachment" to a post (see "upload attachment" tab below the text posting area) several times and is the easiest (in my opinion) way to do it.

However last couple times I've tried to post a picture as an attachment I get an error message saying "board quota for attachments/photos is full" or something like that.

The only other way I know of is to get the picture onto a picture storage site somewhere else on the web and then paste that picture url into the space between what you get when you click on the "Img" icon above the posting message area.

I don't know if this helps you or not but good luck.
Thanks SR, we have tried some of that and this is all over my head but one of my frends was helping me so I don't know what all he tried but were going to keep trying.

i use www.photobucket.com, because i have kodak easyshare and the pics are to big to fit. you can size them easy. then click on the img, line at the bottom highlight and right click click copy go to post reply hit img then right click paste. it took me several tries but if i can do it anyone can.

jedstivers":1ztiybxv said:

I also use Photobucket.

Like jcarkie said, go to photobucket. I have not been able to upload pics any other way.

You set up an account, doesn't cost anything. Click on the browse button; now if you have downloaded your pics on your computor and have them under a certain file this will work. Mine are under My Pictures.
A window will open up, click on the heading where your pictures are. It will bring up all the picture files. Click on the file you want and open it to show all the pictures in it. Double click on the picture you want. It will download it to you "album". Click on the "Save and Continue". There is a bulk downloader if you want to download more then one picture.
Once you have all of your pics downloaded that you want put your cursor on the picture and a tab will appear. Click on the img so that the code in the box is high lighted, right click on it and click on "copy"
Now you can come on here and open post a reply or new topic. Place your cursor next to the bar in the box and right click. A box will open up and click "paste".
Then click the preview button to make sure it came up, if it didn't then it didn't copy and you need to repeat the copy steps again.
Good luck.

Jed,

As you may have picked up from others here, today's digital cameras and even many cell phone cameras, take pictures that are way to fine detailed and therefore way to large files to post on the internet easily.

The software that came with your camera should have a way to "email" or "reduce" the size of the picture and its file size. The "email" options usually have a way to just save the file on your computer some where along the line rather than going right to an email. These "email" copies of photos are usually about right for posting.

Generally it should be not bigger than about 100k for most people to be able to see/download it in a reasonable amount of time on a slow connection.

So reducing the size of the picture (then save it as a different name so it doesn't over write the original) then putting it on the net somewhere such as photobucket and following the img paste as I mentioned above should allow you to post pictures.

Frankly, I don't understand why this site can't provide the space for controlled size/number of pictures per post as uploaded attachments. This is the most user friendly way of sharing pictures.

People including me like to see other folks pictures, as long as they are not excessive. jmho.

Latest posts