Still here

Help Support CattleToday:

charter capt

Reaction score
The wind is blowing down here,so of course there isn't any fishing going on. It seems like all that I have been doing is spending time reading your post or looking for farms on the internet.We have found a couple that look pretty good and are making arrangements to go and look at them. I will keep you posted.

Hey there,

I'm new too, and came from the sea...

I was a Surface Warfare Officer, (ship driver), in the US Navy. Just got out and moved my little farm from Virginia to Florida with my husband. We checked possible farm/ranch properties for sale with the local extension agent to see if the property was good for running cattle. You can also learn a lot by going to the website for the agriculture department at the state university known for ag in the state of your choice, (UF for Florida). I learned a lot from there as well. Also, you could join the local cattlemen's association and go to meetings once you get your land, so you can get some local contacts to help you out.

Hope that helps!

I miss being out on the waves sometimes, but deployments to Iraq were getting old.

Latest posts