Still Around

Help Support CattleToday:

That new place looks great. But I have to tell you that little old house looks like it needs a little TLC before you move in. :D

Great pictures as usual. Don't be a stranger.

Dave":8rmaf9sy said:
That new place looks great. But I have to tell you that little old house looks like it needs a little TLC before you move in. :D

Great pictures as usual. Don't be a stranger.
The windmill might need a little tweaking too..........

Do I see a beaver dam in one of the photos?

The old yard isn't actually on our land. About a mile down the road. Our land is in the background.

Yes. A big beaver dam. I spent a couple hours down there one day, watching them. It was pretty neat.

greybeard":2d892zz0 said:
Beaver.......
I sure wish they'd be that brazen in broad daylight at my place.........

These ones are pretty safe, they don't interfere with anything, and keep a nice pond of water for the cows.

Beautiful Land, beautiful cattle, they always look so big and healthy. :tiphat: And some real nice wildlife.... that's a real diverse bunch. I had to laugh at myself... I thought for a second that the moose was an old sorry horse, til I looked again :hide: :hide: The elk are nice. Do you have both white tails and mule deer? The porcupine made me smile. Used to see them in Vermont at my grandparents place. Had to keep the walls well creosoted or they would chew everything. :)

farmerjan":19c6tt7p said:
Beautiful Land, beautiful cattle, they always look so big and healthy. :tiphat: And some real nice wildlife.... that's a real diverse bunch. I had to laugh at myself... I thought for a second that the moose was an old sorry horse, til I looked again :hide: :hide: The elk are nice. Do you have both white tails and mule deer? The porcupine made me smile. Used to see them in Vermont at my grandparents place. Had to keep the walls well creosoted or they would chew everything. :)

Yes, both white tail and mulies

Happy new year Randi. That looks like a bit of new fence. Looks good. What's the story on the old house on the new place. Looks like a neat addition.

Kingfisher":q2o1kud8 said:
Happy new year Randi. That looks like a bit of new fence. Looks good. What's the story on the old house on the new place. Looks like a neat addition.

Yeah, we got the new fence started this fall. Have a lot more to do.

The old house isn't actually on our land, it's about a mile down the trail, but it's our land in the background. I no nothing about the old house, beyond that it would be an old homestead.

Latest posts