Stevenson Basin sale

Help Support CattleToday:

I have a bull and one cow from them. They have some good stock. My bull is doing his job just fine when I can keep him from trying to fight the other bulls.

They have a bunch of stuff to pick from both black and red. I wouldn't miss it if I were you. JMHO

I have one cow bought from them a couple of years ago. She is a 602C daughter.So far she has beeen an excellent producer with a bull calf, and an outstnding hfr calf a yr old and fixing to calve again.
Stevensons are some of the finest, most honest and reputable people
you will ever meet. I forgot to mention this cow was bought sight unseen and was better than I expected.

I am not afraid to purchase from them again.

memanpa":dfv6uw76 said:
they have a good reputation here in az, iffin you are into the black hide!!!! :D
Most packers and feeders are, so therefore most rsnchers are.

memanpa":o7bshbc6 said:
they have a good reputation here in az, iffin you are into the black hide!!!! :D

Don't forget they are big in RED also. ;-)

There is nothing wrong with their cattle as long as you don't mind overpaying for the same quality you can find at a much smaller outfit. You will need deep pockets if you expect to buy your top picks in their sale.

I don't think they are getting overpaid. The old saying is 4 to 5 steers to pay for one bull. Most place aren't quiite this much, but the highly respected seedstock suppliers ussually are. The main reason why their sales are so good is due to their customer service. I was reading this morning that they are asking all customers to let them know when they are selling so they can be there to bid on them. That is a HUGE deal in my book. Another is because the big ranches can go there and buy in volume. When you need 20 or more bulls, it is tough and very time consuming to go to sale after sale and try to find enough of the type of bulls they are using.

Good point BRG, they do a good job of treating their upper end customers right. Some of their better customers are also allowed to sell bred heifers in their sale. You are also right that they are a great place to buy in volume such as getting many brothers and half brothers. I guess I just can't justify paying between 3500 to 4000 dollars for an average bull. That was my only point.

Just saw a special on American Rancher on RFD TV today. They had nothing but praise for Stevensons Basin. They complemented them on their breeding and their lower costs? Its worth a look.