Stevenson Basin Angus Sale

Help Support CattleToday:

la4angus

Reaction score
Remember this is the 2nd Televised day of this sale. Starting at 12 Noon today Nov 28

Boy, those hundred granders were longer than my truck. Looked pure freakish. As far as EPD's, i've been more impressed. I was browsing my bulls epd's and noticed that i was even or ahead on most of the bulls. I paid nowhere near that, of course. Do the AI Guys buy these bulls favoring appearance over EPD's or is it all who's on the paperwork?

Just depends on the bull and the pedigree and EPD's. The buyer and contending bidder has a lot to say about it. Could you please post some pic's of your bulls along with their pedigree and epd's and cost.

Its getting so you can almost look at whenever Stevensons are going to have a sale and figure Montana is in for a snowstorm :roll: ;-) :lol: Good thing they have it on the video now- because I know of a couple of local fellas that were going to go, that cancelled because of the storm...

Its snowing, blowing, drifting- visibility was about 1/4 mile for awhile this morning...Now the snow has let up a little but the temp is dropping- down to 3 Below and with the 30-35 mph wind we're getting the chillfactor is 30-40 below.....

I got the heifers fed- stuck a big roast in the crock pot - and now its looking like a good day to just watch the sale on TV...Might just have to have a hot toddy or two this afternoon to keep me warm ;-) :lol:

Stevenson-Basin Angus Ranch Bull and Female Sale
Hobson, MT
November 27, 2006

Top Bull: Lot 11–Stevenson ON Target R185, 2-16-05 bull by Boyd On Target 1083. To Express Ranches, Yukon, OK; Limestone LLC, Stillwater, OK; 44 Farms, Cameron, TX; KCS Angus, Kirksville, MO; Deer Valley Farms, Fayettville, TN and SandPoint Cattle Co., Lodgepole, NE, for $100,000, one-half interest.

Lot 9–Stevenson ON Target 3R11, 1-20-05 bull by Boyd On Target 1083. To Lemar Angus Ranch, St. Onge, SD and Sodak Angus Ranch, Reva, SD, for $37,500, one-half interest.

Lot 29–Stevenson Garth R142, 3-8-05 bull by Garth G256. To 7-L Farms, Wiggins, MS and Darrell Chapman, Elmore City, OK, for $25,000, one-half interest.

Lot 604–Stevenson ON Target S008, 1-12-06 bull by Boyd On Target 1083. To Deiter Bros., Faulkton, SD and Schuring Farms, Andover, SD, for $24,000, one-half interest.

Lot 748–Stevenson ON Target 1916, 1-18-06 bull by Boyd On Target 1083. To Ginger and Sherry Wilson, Irvington, KY, for $16,000, one-half interest.

Lots Gross Average
531 older bulls $1,930,715.00 $3,636.00
598 bull calves $1,810,145.00 $3,027.00
1129 Total Registered Live Lots $3,740,860.00 $3,313.00
3848 commercial bred heifers (head) $4,182,775.00 $1,087.00
4977 Reported Sale Total $7,923,635.00 $1,592.00

Funny thing is that the 100k bull sold last year for $6500 to a ..................................oh my Gosh........ a Canadian, Thunder Creek Farms. I am not sure why he never brought the bull up but whatever. They just didn't mention him as a owner

SEC":11or6b56 said:
Funny thing is that the 100k bull sold last year for $6500 to a ..................................oh my Gosh........ a Canadian, Thunder Creek Farms. I am not sure why he never brought the bull up but whatever. They just didn't mention him as a owner

That is surprising SEC- for a Canadian to pay even that much for genetics-- Must have been government subsidized- Eh ;-) :lol:

Either they are different bulls you are looking at or they never got the papers transferred- because the AAA lists Stevenson as both breeder and sole owner......

I wouldn't mind a subsidy right now, ha ha ha.

Seriously though, Brad bought the bull last year and they must have worked a deal out that he got to keep the bull. That is the truth. I would say they never transferred the bull.....or they transferred him back.

You guys should come see what our genetics look like, you might be suprised. A fresh, dwarf free pedigree could be a neat alternative as well! ;-) :D

I do have to admit that I've saw some nice cattle and some nice bulls up there a time or two...

The one thing I wish we could get away with down here like Canada does is to have color blind buyers... Up there you sometimes see every color under the sun and they don't seem to dock for it-- where down here if the calves aren't black, they don't want them........

Latest posts