Steve Perry Reunites with Journey at Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony - But Does Not Perform

Help Support CattleToday:

reeler

Reaction score
Journey, with Steve Perry, finally recognized! There was a topic here about Rock music awhile back, & Boondocks mentioned Journey. As a fellow Journey fan, I was excited to share this update :clap:

bird dog":21m47gfy said:
Why did he not perform, did he forget the lyrics?
Steve Perry's no longer in the group, not since around 1998ish. He did publically thank & acknowledge the new lead singer though. I was disappointed that he didn't sing.

reeler":123sh4iq said:
bird dog":123sh4iq said:
Steve Perry's no longer in the group, not since around 1998ish. He did publically thank & acknowledge the new lead singer though. I was disappointed that he didn't sing.

He doesn't sing anymore, as far as I know. I think I read that as he aged he lost that beautiful high vocal range (or thought he did) and was just never able to come to terms with it. I think he is one of those guys that fame didn't really appeal that much, and he's enjoyed a nice quiet life. No doubt the royalties help cushion the blow! I've never read about anyone that had a bad experience with the guy---which is rare.

boondocks":1s658opd said:
reeler":1s658opd said:
bird dog":1s658opd said:

He doesn't sing anymore, as far as I know. I think I read that as he aged he lost that beautiful high vocal range (or thought he did) and was just never able to come to terms with it. I think he is one of those guys that fame didn't really appeal that much, and he's enjoyed a nice quiet life. No doubt the royalties help cushion the blow! I've never read about anyone that had a bad experience with the guy---which is rare.
Thanks for that info Boondocks. It always saddened me that he stopped singing, but if he lost his range, that explains it.. His incredible voice is like no other, he definitely 'broke the mold'.

reeler":nbnrkjrz said:
boondocks":nbnrkjrz said:
reeler":nbnrkjrz said:

Thanks for that info Boondocks. It always saddened me that he stopped singing, but if he lost his range, that explains it.. His incredible voice is like no other, he definitely 'broke the mold'.

He did a walk-on with the Eels a few years back. Just showed up and sang a bit. This recording isn't the best but he still sounds pretty good on Open Arms, for 65 yo. http://www.rollingstone.com/music/video ... s-20140527

and I just read he supposedly has a solo album coming out later this year (but he's been saying that for awhile).