Steers sold today

Help Support CattleToday:

tnwalkingred

Reaction score
I just got back from dinner and I saw a good friend of mine who is big time cattle producer. He told me he sold a pot load of 9 weight steers today that averaged $210 cwt! The market is very strong right now.

Kyle

I seen 2 loads of 9 weights sell for $221 a couple weeks back. I'm surprised store prices aren't more than they are.

We were just talking about that if 9 weights are bringing $210 cwt then what are fat cattle going to have to bring in order for them to make money? Fat cattle are normally around 1500 lbs and bring around $160 cwt correct? Unless they can feed them really cheap I don't see how they can come out with shipping costs. Thoughts?

Kyle

I sold a baldy steer with ear yesterday, weighed 340 sold for 2.95. char x steer weighed 280 sold for 3.50

I sold my 535 lb steers (7 of them) for $2.81, slightly lighter (~440 lb x3) heifers went for the same price, which surprised me a bit, 3x 430 lb steers went to $2.91

Nesikep":2gsp8cfm said:
I sold my 535 lb steers (7 of them) for $2.81, slightly lighter (~440 lb x3) heifers went for the same price, which surprised me a bit, 3x 430 lb steers went to $2.91
Good market. Your 5wts wouldn't have been any higher here.

except for a 10% stronger currency ;) I did see some black 5wt steers go up to 3.19, and I didn't like the look of them at all.. hatchetasses every one of them

Latest posts