Steering wheel knobs?

Help Support CattleToday:

Have had one on every tractor we've owned or anything with a steering wheel, including my Diesel RV. Can get um just about anyplace. Napa is where I have bought ours. Those Rotator Issues don't go away. Good luck and hope for the best.

Every tractor here has one as well, but yeah, the non power steering tractors can really do a number on you.
I heard they're illegal in road vehicles but there are exceptions possible for people with disabilities, might have to get a doctors note?

I think I'm in for shoulder surgery at some point in my life.. not looking forward to that

Just hit your wrist with a hammer. You will get the same result and it's cheaper. you're welcome

Hit your wrist with a hammer instead of using the suicide knob, you mean? I'll warn him. But I have a feeling his wrist will hurt a lot less than his shoulder does trying to horse that little steering wheel around. Thanks!

Every forklift has one, nearlycimpossible to drive without. Any forklift repair shops would have good quality ones.

Interesting article on new treatment for rotorcuff repair. Johnson and johnson sponsored this study i believe.

I read the article, thanks, but I think that's going to be way above our pay grade, and I highly doubt the VA (Veterans Administration) hospital does anything like that. They'll just want to stick him with cortisone or do surgery, so he's staying away from the doctors right now. He needs to put his arm in a sling and rest it for a few months, but coming up on summer on our little farm with just the two of us to do everything... that ain't gonna happen. I should have rested both my knees when I blew out my ligaments falling on frozen cow pies and down the stairs on more than one occasion (YES, I'm clumsy!), but I couldn't, and they still hurt, years and years (and years) later. We are doomed! 🤪

We got a bunch for work at Rural King about 30 years ago.
I had a torn rotator about that long ago. Everything was great from the elbow down. To open a big valve you climb up on the line it's on so you don't have to lift your arm. It was the right shoulder and I am right handed. Carrying even heavy things was ok as long as the load just hung there. In a vehicle I left the radio on the station it was on. Changing it required lifting my arm. It was not torn 100% through, but most of the way.
The surgery was incredibly painful at that time, surgeon wanted to avoid it if at all possible. Gave me way over the recommended dose of Aleve for a good while to get rid of the inflammation. That wasn't helping. A friend from church said that his Bible study group concentrated on prayer and asked if I needed anything. I was going week after next to the surgeon and was going to have him do it. He said that they would pray. It went away. I irritated it a few more times in the next 6 months or so, but it eventually left totally. So Jesus fixed my shoulder. I have a ton of things that need fixing, but He got that one!

Does anyone remember what those were called, exactly? The knobs you used to put on your steering wheel so you could steer with one hand while your arm was around your girlfriend? I guess they went away when bucket seats became a thing, but I was wondering if they might still be available somewhere.

My husband seems to have injured his rotator cuff (OK, he tore it, but he doesn't want surgery), so he can't much use his left arm, and the riding mower doesn't have power steering on it, so it's very painful for him to use it. He was saying yesterday that he wished he had one of those knobs he could mount on the steering wheel, so he could do all the steering with his right hand and arm and not abuse the other one. Although I remember seeing them back in the day, I never had one, so I don't know what they're called, and he can't remember. I was hoping somebody here might. Anyone?
All I've ever heard them called is thumb busters.