Steer Prospect

Help Support CattleToday:

VanC":sadxtd12 said:
aplusmnt":sadxtd12 said:
I have been burned one to many times. I am tired of trying to figure out who are the quality people and who are the worthless ones.

Sad thing is their kid got a bad lesson in integrity today from his own parents.

Sorry for the rant. Just burns me to help people and then get stabbed in the back.

Can't say as I blame you. What they did was perfectly legal, but unethical in my book. I'd be PO'ed, too. Sad thing is, they probably honestly feel they did nothing wrong and will skate through life that way, teaching their kids "how it's done" along the way.

Maybe you should oust them right here for all to see so we can watch out for them. A little public humiliation might be in order. ;-)

unethical is how I viewed it. One good thing that did come out of it is I got the chance to teach my kids how not to treat people!

Not really sure I want to put the persons name out there in public, but after looking back at the thread I noticed Jovid asked me who was having the sale. I wanted to make sure everyone knew it was not Jovid! I doubt he would buy one that was not red anyway! :lol:

Worse thing of the whole deal is I got in trouble with the wife, she thinks I should have just let them have it and bought one of the other 4 we had picked out incase someone out bid us on this one. I don't mind loosing a few hundred dollars, but sleeping on the couch hurts my back :lol:

Re:
Going Saturday to look at this steer, what you guys think of him?
He looks fine to me, but looks are not what I would be concerned about.
I would be more concerned about how he will taste, and therefore inquire about his past diet.

IMO he is worth around a $1.00 per pound.
SL

Sir Loin":18e49gdq said:
Re:
I would be more concerned about how he will taste, and therefore inquire about his past diet.

SL

To bad what they are worth is not always what they cost.

Aplus.. sad indeed. I would also be PO'd, and after helping them out as well. To tell you the truth, I've gotten so cynical in my old age, I would have been suspicious at the PM and probably would have "Forgotten" to answer back, until after the sale of course.

Ya'll know how some people will stop at nothing in the show world. Sad, but true.

Congrats on your purchase! And that's a "MAN" thing.. a woman would have let them have it and bought one of the others. All that testosterone... :cboy:

TheBullLady":1c34wbj1 said:
Congrats on your purchase! And that's a "MAN" thing.. a woman would have let them have it and bought one of the others. All that testosterone... :cboy:

I have learned that, when I tell someone what happened it is always about how bad the person was to do it.

When the wife tells someone about the steer it is always about how stupid I was to buy it anyway.

Two different perspectives on the days event..... :lol:

Might have to continue the fight by Jackpoting it in their area, beating them in the show ring might make me feel a little better. :lol:

Sir Loin":2e1ww8do said:
Re:

SL

Once again it speaks without thinking.
A+ was not buying to put on his plate, at least not yet :roll:

That really sucks to have someone do that to you, hope whoever it was reads the comments about what a real jerk he/she is and takes notes, cause a knife in the back like that will have its payback :D

Avalon":11y6jpg8 said:
Note to self..... Dont tell anyone where your honeyhole is.

Good self advice! I hate to do that though, because I appreciate the help the farm has did for us and I like to help them promote their sale. Next time I will not tell which specific animal I am going to try to buy.

I would not get mad if I told them about the sale and by coincidence we ended up bidding on the same animal, I am only mad because they knew that was the animal I was going to buy and went after it themselves.

At first thought I was never going to help anyone again with showing, but after cooling down I am not going to let a bad apple change me. I will tell anyone what feed we use and where we get our animals. For every unethical livestock shower like this one there is a 100 kids and parents who have the right program and motives!

aplusmnt":1fhve8qi said:
...At first thought I was never going to help anyone again with showing, but after cooling down I am not going to let a bad apple change me...
Class!!! Some people got it, some don't! Glad to see you do!!!

aplusmnt":2zzd86eo said:
Avalon":2zzd86eo said:
Note to self..... Dont tell anyone where your honeyhole is.

Good self advice! I hate to do that though, because I appreciate the help the farm has did for us and I like to help them promote their sale. Next time I will not tell which specific animal I am going to try to buy.

I would not get mad if I told them about the sale and by coincidence we ended up bidding on the same animal, I am only mad because they knew that was the animal I was going to buy and went after it themselves.

At first thought I was never going to help anyone again with showing, but after cooling down I am not going to let a bad apple change me. I will tell anyone what feed we use and where we get our animals. For every unethical livestock shower like this one there is a 100 kids and parents who have the right program and motives!

Glad you've come to that conclusion, means you're one of the good guys and won't be dragged down.
We went to a sale a couple years ago and bid on a heifer, and got her. After the sale a local guy who's kids had been very helpful when we started showing let us know he had been bidding against us. Talk about feeling bad, we had no idea they were bidding on the same heifer. We still felt bad the following summer, until he beat us with another heifer!
Good luck with that steer, hope he wins every show you take him to.

I'm glad that you got the steer. I know a few people that would do the same thing trying to buy him out fom under you. Unfortunatly, sometimes the best thing is to just keep it to yourself or go out of your area. Sad but true...

Latest posts