• sirloin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • strip

• other

• Total voters
Dun you forgot the rest of the saying
Beef its whats for breakfast, lunch, and supper :)

I love them all, but of the items listed I find myself eating ribeyes the most. But there's another cut that I eat a lot and it is an incredible value. At my neighborhood Kroger store they sometimes call it "Charcoal Steak" and sometimes the label is "Chuck Top Blade". I think in some parts of the country they call it Flat Iron Steak. I think it's very tasty and tender, except for the gristle in the middle, and has much less fat than most other good cuts. I guess I need to be a bit selfish and keep quiet about it, because the Kroger store often sells it (USDA Choice) for $2.69 per pound and on sale for $1.89. When I see it I go for it like a duck on a Junebug -- got a lot of it in the freezer now.

Craig-TX":1flu0qti said:
Fix me a T-Bone please. Don't overcook, just knock off the horns and run him thru the fire.

Craig-TX

You forgot the "wipe it's nasty butt" part, or don't you care?
I really get a kick out of the various sayings people have to express how to prepare a steak the right way.

Knocking of the horns and wiping it's butt seems to be pretty standard. But chase it throw the kitchen seems to be the most common. I like "and break it to him gently".

dun

At my neighborhood Kroger store they sometimes call it "Charcoal Steak" and sometimes the label is "Chuck Top Blade".

Yup, those are darn good steaks for the price of them. I like to smother mine in garlic salt. About 5 minutes on each side on high on the propane BBQ seals in the juices without turning it into shoe leather.

Don't you people like the taste of beef? Why do you hide it under all the crap?
A minute and a half to 2 on side one and a minute to a minute and half on the second. Just a touch of salt at eating time.
Mu actaul favorite "steak" is flank steak and that I marinate in butter before cooking.
Of course my all time favorite "cut" is fresh beef liver. NO ONIONS.

dun

Arnold Ziffle":313ng68a said:
I love them all, but of the items listed I find myself eating ribeyes the most. But there's another cut that I eat a lot and it is an incredible value. At my neighborhood Kroger store they sometimes call it "Charcoal Steak" and sometimes the label is "Chuck Top Blade". I think in some parts of the country they call it Flat Iron Steak. I think it's very tasty and tender, except for the gristle in the middle, and has much less fat than most other good cuts. I guess I need to be a bit selfish and keep quiet about it, because the Kroger store often sells it (USDA Choice) for $2.69 per pound and on sale for $1.89. When I see it I go for it like a duck on a Junebug -- got a lot of it in the freezer now.
Arnold
The Flat Iron is my favorite steak also. I think it comes off the top of the Chuck and there is only about 1 1/2 inches. So for a 1 1/2 steak you only get 2 per animal
For the flavor and texture of the neat I can forgive the tough little gristle running thru it.

dun":1jtrihgx said:
Of course my all time favorite "cut" is fresh beef liver. NO ONIONS.

dun

Now there is where we'll part company. I'd just as soon sustain a severe groin injury as have to eat beef liver. That ain't meat. Why not go ahead and eat beef lung, spleen, and the rest of it? Maybe because that what's already going into bologna. I like bologna. Just glad the bologna folks keep their standards high enough so as to not include liver. Anything else they can scrape off the slaughterhouse floor will work but don't foul it up with liver. LOL

Craig-TX

Craig-TX":2635dy40 said:
Fix me a T-Bone please. Don't overcook, just knock off the horns and run him thru the fire.

Craig-TX

Craig, sounds like you like 'em where a shot of Micotil would make 'em get up and walk off the plate!

I like mine med rare. Ordered a steak in Denver, med rare...It was mooing!
Was actually still cold around the bone. Darn thing blead all over my potatoe. Had to order 3 more Coors long necks just to even think about putting a fork in it. AAHH what a difference several hundred miles makes!!! :cboy:

certherfbeef":12iij7e8 said:
I like mine med rare. Ordered a steak in Denver, med rare...It was mooing!
Was actually still cold around the bone. Darn thing blead all over my potatoe. Had to order 3 more Coors long necks just to even think about putting a fork in it. AAHH what a difference several hundred miles makes!!! :cboy:

So Denver knows how to cook a steak the right way. Mooing or kicking would be rare, quivering would be med rare.

dun

Texan":ln69qkdp said:
Craig-TX":ln69qkdp said:

Craig-TX

Craig, sounds like you like 'em where a shot of Micotil would make 'em get up and walk off the plate!

Another good one. Yup, I want to hear it beller when I stick it with a fork.

Craig-TX

Craig-TX":z3tx1p0j said:
Texan":z3tx1p0j said:
Craig-TX":z3tx1p0j said:

Craig-TX

Another good one. Yup, I want to hear it beller when I stick it with a fork.

Craig-TX
Just chop off a chunk when you get done branding.

Latest posts