Steak Diane

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
I have a cookbook put out by the American polled Hereford Women.
It has an awesome recipe for Steak Diane.

I cannot find the book. :cry2: was planning on making it tonight.

All I remember is you pounded the steak and rubbed it with dry mustard. then fried it in butter. It also included white wine.

does anybody have this recipe?
I already tried cookscorner.com

Here is Emeril's recipe for Steak Diane from the food network site.

Directions
4 (3-ounce) filet mignon medallions

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

1 tablespoon unsalted butter

4 teaspoons minced shallots

1 teaspoon minced garlic

1 cup sliced white mushroom caps

1/4 cup Cognac or brandy

2 teaspoons Dijon mustard

1/4 cup heavy cream

1/4 cup reduced veal stock, recipe follows

2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce

2 drops hot red pepper sauce

1 tablespoon finely chopped green onions

1 teaspoon minced parsley leaves

Season the beef medallions on both sides with the salt and pepper.

Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the meat and cook for 45 seconds on the first side. Turn and cook for 30 seconds on the second side. Add the shallots and garlic to the side of the pan and cook, stirring, for 20 seconds. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, until soft, 2 minutes. Place the meat on a plate and cover to keep warm.

Tilt the pan towards you and add the brandy. Tip the pan away from yourself and ignite the brandy with a match. (Alternatively, remove the pan from the heat to ignite, and then return to the heat.) When the flame has burned out, add the mustard and cream, mix thoroughly and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the veal stock and simmer for 1 minute. Add the Worcestershire and hot sauce and stir to combine. Return the meat and any accumulated juices to the pan and turn the meat to coat with the sauce.

Remove from the heat and stir in the green onions and parsley. Divide the medallions and sauce between 2 large plates and serve immediately.

Found this recipe, sounds GOOD! You probably could use the white wine in place of the brandy, but i'm not sure the wine will have enough alchohol to flambe... and i'm not sure what "brown sauce" is i would use beef stock in place of that......anyways good luck.....i never follow recipes anyway!

AL'S FAVORITE "STEAK DIANE"

8 (4 oz.) fillets
1 c. sliced mushrooms
1/2 c. heavy cream
2 oz. brandy
1 tsp. shallots, chopped
1 1/2 oz. bacon, diced
1 1/2 c. brown sauce
Clarified butter (enough to cover pan bottom)
1 tsp. mustard

Heat butter in fry pan. Salt and pepper fillets. Rub mustard on fillets. Fry to taste (medium rare). Remove meat. Add shallots, mushrooms, and bacon; saute for 1 minute. Add fillets back to pan; add brandy - light to flame! Reduce heat; add brown sauce and heat without boiling. Add cream. Remove fillets. Bring to boil and then serve over fillets.

Latest posts