Staying In Touch

Help Support CattleToday:

Jake

Reaction score
Was going through some old posts today and kind of got to missing some of the old times guys and gals on here. Was wondering if anybody has kept touch with the posters of yesteryear. I talked to ollie today for a couple minutes, decided I'd better call him since it had been close to a year since I had made contact. I keep up with txag from time to time on facebook along with cert but still miss some of them good folks.

Jake":3m5y556k said:
Was going through some old posts today and kind of got to missing some of the old times guys and gals on here. Was wondering if anybody has kept touch with the posters of yesteryear. I talked to ollie today for a couple minutes, decided I'd better call him since it had been close to a year since I had made contact. I keep up with txag from time to time on facebook along with cert but still miss some of them good folks.
always enjoyed their post to,, smart cattlewomen

I miss the banter between Crowder, Warpaint and Fla. they were funny when they got going.
LA who sadly passed away.
ones whom I don't miss are Turn that cow loose and Black Knight and that motley crew.
keep in touch with one old member but rather keep that one quite.

Bama I didn't even realize you were still around. I haven't heard from Texan or Arnold Ziffle in years. La4 was like a long distance grandfather to me for many years up until his death I talked to him quite often and regret not making it down to see him before he died. I was younger and probably dumber back then but I learned quite a bit from the boards and tried to give something back as I have been a student of the cattle industry and cattle marketing since I was old enough to comprehend the tiniest bit.

Whether the board is better or worse it sure seems to me at least the quality of post has dropped considerably in recent years as everybody has dwindled out and disappeared. We sure had a lot of heated debates but there was a lot learned and a lot less propaganda at least in my mind.

Texan's on Ranchers, I keep in touch occasionally... not sure where AZ is. Glad to see Bama still around. I agree the quality of posts has declined, I learned a lot more in the old days, still stop by from time to time though.

I seem to recall you were in school once upon a time, Jake; you still gettin' edjumicated or have you graduated now?

Jake":3lmkq29t said:
Whether the board is better or worse it sure seems to me at least the quality of post has dropped considerably in recent years as everybody has dwindled out and disappeared. We sure had a lot of heated debates but there was a lot learned and a lot less propaganda at least in my mind.
I agree with you there Jake. I went through e-scrabble just to see some old names and I counted about 10 who no longer seem to post, two of my favs on there was Alice, and Msscamp, miss those two gals. + the others they all had good things to say.

Hey there Jake, hope all is well with you and yours. I have always been impressed with your knowledge and "pluck" at such a young age, good to see you back around here. I don't come here as often as I used to, but do spend some time on Facebook visiting. Seems to be a few CT folks there too.

I passed on going to vet school so this will be my last year coming up. From there things are some what questionable to the path I'll take. I've run 175-200 cows all through college so I don't really see that as a full time venture when I graduate. I need to add about a thousand acres of both tillable ground and pasture to make it worthwhile to farm full time. Too much money being offered to pass up on some of these jobs. How's your schooling coming Milkmaid?

I guess I need to look over there at Ranchers and check in too. Met a lot of good folks from the boards both here and Ranchers been some good contacts over the years.

Good to hear from Milkmaid as well. For those here that don't know them they are both young folks that know a lot about cattle. You don't see many folks their age with the cattle knowledge they have. I wish both of you the best in your education and entry into to a world of making a living for yourself. I'm sure Ya'll will both do well, You both have the right attitude. Success is not driven by luck or happen-stance, Success is gained by attitude and determination.

BAMA