Stay of Execution

Help Support CattleToday:

simme

Old Dumb Guy
Reaction score
Judge Halts 1st US Execution of Female Inmate in 67 Years | AM 740 KVOR | KVOR-AM

Lisa Montgomery drove about 170 miles from her Kansas farmhouse to the northwest Missouri town of Skidmore under the guise of adopting a puppy from Bobbie Jo Stinnett, a 23-year-old dog breeder. She strangled Stinnett with a rope before performing a crude cesarean and fleeing with Stinnett's unborn baby.

U.S. District Judge James Patrick Hanlon found that the court must first hold a hearing to determine whether Montgomery meets the legal criteria for competency before the execution can move forward, finding she "would be irreparably injured if the government executes her when she is not competent to be executed."

Those words in bold seem strange to me. A convicted murderer would be irreparably injured if the government executes her when she is not competent to be executed. I expect that all executions cause irreparable injury by definition. If a person has been convicted and appeals have been exhausted, you would think the judge's reasoning for a stay would be more creative than her execution would cause her to be "irreparably injured". Everyone is entitled to their view on capital punishment, but the reasoning here would seem to apply to everyone on death row.

Capital punishment is like the rest of our government. It once served a purpose back when it was enforced and followed through.

But like this peace of trash that should have been taken out and shot like a dog chaseing cattle. When they first found her guilty. They for the most part don't even put them in death row but rather let them out back into society 10 years latter where alot of the time will kill again.

The one's that are kept on death row are not only a waste of the air they breath but also a waste of money to the tax payers keeping them alive.

she will be irreparably injured if the gov executes her? That's like saying suicide is illegal.

I would hope she would DEAD if the gov executes her!

she will be irreparably injured if the gov executes her?
No.
She will only be reaching her eventual natural state earlier.
Because death is a natural occurrence and inevitable to all, she is no more
irreparably injured by death than a person who dies saving the life of a child
or anyone else who dies prematurely, be it by illness or accident.
Logically, irreparably injured would only apply to an innocent.

Judge Butch :)

Last edited:
I have always been of the mind that if you are to crazy to stand trial for the crime you committed means your so crazy you should be executed. Why do we feed these people for years to no end? That applies to all death row inmates as well as pedophiles and rapists in my book.

Take all that money and prison space and use it to further the education of all these underprivileged kids and be fighting the dragon from both ends.

Latest posts