Stay-at-home

Help Support CattleToday:

Chevy said:
Ky cowboy said:
My county has 3 stop lights and roughly 5k people. But there is a lot of industry located here, we have a major hwy railroad and the ohio river which is why they all located in this county. 5 factories with over a 1000 people on the payroll, and twice that many factories with 1/2 that amount of employees. So far we've had 6 confirmed cases, 2 already recovered. We have a 4 week old baby so we've been staying at home as much as possible I take the older 3 kids to the farm and we work on fence, fish etc to give momma and baby some alone rest time. I've been layed off from one of the largest factories for 3 weeks bc of the virus. I go back tomorrow really dreading it, I've never spent this much time with my family
Congratulations on the new baby. My husband stay home with our kids and me and never wanted to go back to work. He never realized what he missed when he was gone all day at work. I'm sure your woman definitely appreciate the alone to rest. Ya'll right up here on out neck the woods.
I'm in Hancock county

ga.prime said:
If one of the people in your county got the virus, that would be 50% of the population. Doing good Dave.
We are over run with people here. A county a little south of here is 3.3 times larger in area and has less than half the people. Down there is is almost 1.4 square miles per person.

Our numbers in my county jumped by 50% from yesterday. I attribute that to more testing. We open back up in 9 days, of course, Walmart and Lowes have never closed and it has been like a circus in those places. At least the Rural King made everyone push a cart to ensure 6ft between for a while.

I don't agree with the reopening. Seems like if cases are still going up we shouldn't be reopening. Just my opinion everybody has one....🙌🏽 I'm content in self quarantine staying busy with my family away from everybody. Guess everybody can't just be content busy and need to socialize.
Yesterday 2 of our city neighbors were having huge gathering. Really didn't seem to understand the distancing or staying home. I like to try to mind my own business and hope others do the same for me. I'm just saying people don't seem to understand the social distancing. 🤔🤨😷😎👻

Chevy said:
I don't agree with the reopening. Seems like if cases are still going up we shouldn't be reopening. Just my opinion everybody has one....🙌🏽 I'm content in self quarantine staying busy with my family away from everybody. Guess everybody can't just be content busy and need to socialize.

Chevy, while I am not a fan or "reopening" yet, I completely understand that some folks need to go back to work because they need the money. Both sides have their points.

Chevy said:
Yesterday 2 of our city neighbors were having huge gathering. Really didn't seem to understand the distancing or staying home. I like to try to mind my own business and hope others do the same for me. I'm just saying people don't seem to understand the social distancing. 🤔🤨😷😎👻

I'm not for a reckless reopening either. Watching some of these itchy governors is scary.
If we open too soon, it seems like it would destroy all we have built from the sacrifice so far. Like someone here said, dead people don't need jobs, and sick people cant work.

Our governor is doing a phased reopening according to WH guidelines. He says he wants to do it right the first time. Some schools are doing an online graduation for now, and planning a regular in-person for December, and they're not sure they will even be able to do that. Although people are optimistic, they don't think schools will open in a normal fashion even in the fall.

sstterry said:
Our numbers in my county jumped by 50% from yesterday. I attribute that to more testing. We open back up in 9 days, of course, Walmart and Lowes have never closed and it has been like a circus in those places. At least the Rural King made everyone push a cart to ensure 6ft between for a while.

Haven't been in our Rural King for a few weeks. It's my goal to stay out of there the one here just seems dirty and messy on a good day. It was ok when it if first opened up but now seems like it's the happening place for rednecks and there's always people shoplifting in there. Last time we went it was a late night emergency the heat lamp for our baby chickens went out and it was the only place open.
Wife has been doing the grocery shopping lately and went to Walmart yesterday, She said that there was a police there making sure just one person for family went in. She said that even though there were directions for one way aisles that most weren't adhering to it. She tried to follow the rules but said she had to go way out of her way sometimes to get in the right aisle and avoid others coming the wrong way.

What does one do with this information?
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-05-01/covid-19-pandemic-likely-to-last-two-years-report-says

bball said:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-05-01/covid-19-pandemic-likely-to-last-two-years-report-says

It does keep getting crazier, that's for sure.

ga.prime said:
If one of the people in your county got the virus, that would be 50% of the population. Doing good Dave.
ga.prime said:
Caustic Burno said:
No elevator in my county either, no habitation over two stories that I am aware of. We are a little more dense with just over a million square feet per person.
The hospital is one story, we are up to four red lights in the county.
Too many red lights, CB. Should look into reducing red lights by switching over to roundabouts.
hit the wrong button on like, go ahead hero explain how it should be done, your such a expert, always like to rip on someone else.

haase said:
ga.prime said:
ga.prime said:
Caustic Burno said:
No elevator in my county either, no habitation over two stories that I am aware of. We are a little more dense with just over a million square feet per person.
The hospital is one story, we are up to four red lights in the county.
Too many red lights, CB. Should look into reducing red lights by switching over to roundabouts.
hit the wrong button on like, go ahead hero explain how it should be done, your such a expert, always like to rip on someone else.

???? I don't see anything inflammatory in his post? I am not going to get into a back and forth on this. I just say it as good hearted ribbing.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
haase, I think Mr. Prime was poking some lighthearted fun at CB. I don't detect any malice.

I'm not very good with higher mathematics so he lost me on the Dave remark.
the Dave remark got me as well, on this subject of ribbing, not really a subject to do it, but oh well, got called out by him on another thread to being a cheerleader to CB, don't see were there is any malice, just turn about is fair play.

haase said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
haase, I think Mr. Prime was poking some lighthearted fun at CB. I don't detect any malice.

the Dave remark got me as well, on this subject of ribbing, not really a subject to do it, but oh well, got called out by him on another thread to being a cheerleader to CB, don't see were there is any malice, just turn about is fair play.

Fair enough.

TT, not sure any of this stuff that were going through is worth ribbing on, doesn't matter what you think, but it sure is doing alot of damage, hope we come out of it on the good side.

haase said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

He has made other very similar comments regarding the population here. But what the heck. Water off a duck's back. I just consider the source and move on.

bball said:

Go out and buy more toilet paper. Gonna get ahead of the curve this time!

Dave said:
haase said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

He has made other very similar comments regarding the population here. But what the heck. Water off a duck's back. I just consider the source and move on.
know what you mean Dave, good point.

Latest posts