State Cattlemen conventions is yours on or cancelled

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Florida is still planning to have the convention in June
Alabama is scheduled for Friday March 5th and Saturday March 6th in Birmingham,
Mississippi canceled their convention I don't know about other states just curious how each state is dealing with their convention with COVID restriction. Alabama BCIA canceled their annual meeting this year.

Oregon's was back in October or November (I can't remember which). There are some local people who are officers of one sort or another that went. I am not sure how big of a deal they made it this last year. Might have just been an officer meeting.

Debbie,
I was wondering about the BCIA meeting. Are you still getting promoted to President or are you already President?

Oregon's was back in October or November (I can't remember which). There are some local people who are officers of one sort or another that went. I am not sure how big of a deal they made it this last year. Might have just been an officer meeting.
The boss snd I are going to the Alabama convention, it will be interesting to see how turn out is effected by Covid.

Georgia's was the last weekend in January in Savanah. The info packet sent out said that masks would be mandatory, social distance spacing would be used, and they asked that we not hug or shake hands in greeting. I dunno...I didn't go.

Illinois was split up. Some of the shows and sales were in February. The trade show is being held at a different location in March.

The NCBA postponed their convention until August. I will report back on how Alabama's went next week. I hope they have a great turn out, the governor is suppose to announce by Friday if the state is going to lift some of the COVID mandates. I will sure be glad to see the country get back to even a small bit of normal. I was installed as president of Alabama BCIA last February that was the last face to face meeting we have had since. We have cancelled our annual meeting and our next board meeting will again be via conference call. The boss is a state director for the Florida Cattlemen their next quarterly meeting is being held on zoom or one of the video meeting apps. I hate conference call meetings for me they are extremely difficult. Anyway I have been curious how other parts of the country were dealing, I appreciate the input.

Latest posts