Starving to death

Help Support CattleToday:

dj":1syhhaaf said:
Aplus I thought I did post a solution.
Someone feeds the cows his hay.
He makes his once a week trip see's hay gone.
Dam the thieves! Call the law!
Ding the rest solves itself. He invited them on the property.
If they see something alarming about the cattle, with no plausible explanation they call the state vet or whomever.
Cattle fed.
Owner dealt with.
But neither one of us are there. So this is my last thoughts on the subject.

Complicated system there with lots of what ifs. I say what if, you do not break the law and just call the law. Glad to see Ctlbaron is doing the right thing!

Perhaps ctlbaron will be able to give us an update soon.

Also a thought is that if he feeds the hay and the authorities go look at the cattle (while I realize its not enough hay) and they have hay and water available then the owner can say, well I'm feeding them as they have it available.

I can certainly understand the thoughts of going in and feeding his cattle for him but to get something done, you'll have to call the authorities and perhaps several times.

They've had several cases on the local tv station this past winter (mostly involving horses) and when they show the people its obvious that they haven't missed any meals.

Late Thursday afternoon the cattle in the worst shape were removed from the farm. The rest were left. The owner was located and on sight when they were removed. He has been charged with animal cruelty. Hopefuly he will learn even though it is the hard way. The only way for some people to learn a lesson is to have their nose broken. I hope this guy learns. There were 5 round bale in the barn lot Sunday evening.

You handled that well ctlbaron, and we know it wasn't easy and goes against our sense on independence, but idiots like that guy leave us few ( legal ) options.

Thanks for the update.

I have been following this thread and just wanted to applaud you for getting those cattle the help they needed. Too many times, people look the other way because they don't want to cause trouble. I commend you!

KMacGinley":2vy8q5ab said:
I am curious as to whether they were slaughtered or someone is feeding them up?

Probably taken to some Vet and he will give them a bill for thousands of dollars to get them fat again. Once the law and government gets involved it usually is costly and political not logical.

Latest posts