starting with limousin

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allanfarms, are you related to someone moderating the board? I have seen threads locked before but never noticed so much cencorship by removing individual post until you came on here. First it was How long the earth has been here and now giving you crap about spelling.

Or maybe it is just mine, not sure on page 3 Caustic and you got to go at it but someone took away all my mine :(

Even thought we turned it around and got back on track talking limi's.

Guess we will have to toe the line a little closer!

Just to be safe I take back all I said bad about Limousin Cattle do not want to get deleted for negative talk of a popular breed.

Anyone familiar with this?

Censorship is the removal of information from the public, or the prevention of circulation of information, where it is desired or felt best by some controlling group or body, that others are not allowed to access the information which is being censored.

I thought CB maybe drew down a bit quick here, but maybe with reason? ( His BS meter is a lot more refined than mine ).

AngusLimoX":23os9sfu said:

Censorship is the removal of information from the public, or the prevention of circulation of information, where it is desired or felt best by some controlling group or body, that others are not allowed to access the information which is being censored.

I thought CB maybe drew down a bit quick here, but maybe with reason? ( His BS meter is a lot more refined than mine ).

I have a good BS meter .
I will argue a lot of things but dogging a man about his spelling or education is unacceptable.

Wonder how long Crowder would be in biz if he started giving spelling test or questioning those ranchers education.

I deal with Fellers on a daily basis that cant read or write and are Millionaires. They received something more valuable in their day, and time when working in the fields was more important than education. They were raised with common sense. Something a lot of folks with Degrees hanging on the wall don't have.

Back to the Limos. Around these parts, it's hard to find any that Milk.

Thanks for the replies, I did not want to start any conflicts or bad blood between anyone. The information has helped me. I was around my friends herd alot and again today, he does cull the ones that are crazy but he told me that you can get that with alot of other breeds also. I let them out in the pasture today, each one had to touch the hot wire and after that they knew to stay away.

Crowderfarms":2ru51p05 said:
I deal with Fellers on a daily basis that cant read or write and are Millionaires. They received something more valuable in their day, and time when working in the fields was more important than education. They were raised with common sense. Something a lot of folks with Degrees hanging on the wall don't have.

The sad thing is I graduated High School and 2 years of College and I can not read or write very well :( And have been told I lack some in the Common sense area also. :lol:

Good posts CB and Crowder.

My grandad learned to sign his name in his 60's. He was a smart man. He died and left his 2 kids all he had. One didn't manage it well and the other did.

I like Lim's. Beefy has some Lim influenced cows that milk from his pictures. We got Lim's that milk.

I like Red Polls. They milk.

I like angus. They make good Lim heifer bulls.

I like Chars as they put a yellow calf on a Lim cow.

First time cattle people might not ought to pick Lim's as they may tend to need handling that comes with some learning.

AngusLimoX":3alpm9kz said:

There are topics that are not allowed, name calling, cheap shots, etc. aren;t allowed either. I can;t envision anyone going into anothers home and starting arguing/yelling/screaming and not expect to get tossed out on their can.
These boards are Macons property, he makes the rules and we either abide by them or get edited/banned/chewed on.
For some reason people think that the anonimity of the internet allows them to behave in a manner that wouldn;t be tolerated in other places. But like everything else, that's just on persons opinion.

dun

aplusmnt":xrynwjg6 said:
Crowderfarms":xrynwjg6 said:

The sad thing is I graduated High School and 2 years of College and I can not read or write very well :( And have been told I lack some in the Common sense area also. :lol:

Donald, Your problem stems from over inhalation of cleaning chemicals, and dizziness brought on by watching commodes flush. :lol:

dun":2fndx1mk said:
There are topics that are not allowed, name calling, cheap shots, etc. aren;t allowed either.

dun

Do you stake your reputation on this? Not allowed?

We are adults, I dislike profanity, maliciousness, braggarts and liars, and quite frankly this board would not function without CB, Wewild, or others that can smell a rat. The mods are too busy keeping the other trash out. ( Anybody visited any other boards? ).

That is the truth of the internet.

This is a limo post, those with experience and knowledge of the breed, post away, the rest of you, go join dun and macon in their living rooms. Not only do we have carcass, we have attitude!!

Let's set the record straight. I wasn't making fun of anyone for their spelling. And it is not right to assume so. "CB" It appeared to me he was having trouble spelling the word. So I simply helped him. And the boards could def. function w/out CB's run downs and critisism he's the only Rat in these boards as far as I'm concerned.

I like CB. I think he has alot to offer.

allenfarms":ji42bffu said:
Let's set the record straight. I wasn't making fun of anyone for their spelling. And it is not right to assume so. "CB" It appeared to me he was having trouble spelling the word. So I simply helped him. And the boards could def. function w/out CB's run downs and critisism he's the only Rat in these boards as far as I'm concerned.

I'm going to step in and set the record straight. CB aint a Rat. He's a diehard Cattleman, that if once you get past the bluntness and sometimes sarcasm, anyone whether an old hand or a Beginner, the Boy will teach you something. However, he will ride you like a Freight Train if you are a new member to these boards, and act like a Big Shot. I myself, would not be afraid to ask him for any Cattle advice if I ever needed it.

Personaly, I like him fine too, I also believe he is very knowledgable, I just don't appriciate him attacking me and blowing things up and turning them around to make me look like a bad guy.

Crowderfarms":31hqm1t4 said:
the Boy will teach you something.

Good post but I never had him pictured as a "boy".

Hmmmmm. I'm sorry I just couldn't help myself.

allenfarms":18kcnkcu said:

Sorry, CB is one of the first to help, and one of the most respected posters in here.

And yes, the boards would function without him, but then they would be full of BS POS like you.

Sorry for the spelling.

dun":31w7rw3z said:
Why not get back to the subject?

dun

Sounds good, dun...ya' reckon that's gonna happen?

Alice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts