STARTING OUT

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I WAS DAIRY FARMER NOW I AM LOOKING FOR SOMETHING FOR MY KIDS TO START SHOWING NEED CALM BREED OF CATTLE KIDS ARE 6 AND4 WOULD LIKE SOME HELP THANK YOU

[email protected]

Longhorns are really gentle also. Although they DO have the horns, once you are around them you will grow to love them. There are many opportunities for youth in the longhorn industry, too, such as the Autobahn Motorcar Scholarship Tour (donates more than $15,000 to the youth annually)

[email protected]

> I WAS DAIRY FARMER NOW I AM
> LOOKING FOR SOMETHING FOR MY KIDS
> TO START SHOWING NEED CALM BREED
> OF CATTLE KIDS ARE 6 AND4 WOULD
> LIKE SOME HELP THANK YOU

The breeds that I have been around that have been the most gentle are Gelbvieh, Braunvieh (a beef version of Brown Swiss), Hereford, Simmental, and Shorthorn.

Breeds that have a reputation for being more high strung are Charolais and Chiangus/Chianina.

> I WAS DAIRY FARMER NOW I AM
> LOOKING FOR SOMETHING FOR MY KIDS
> TO START SHOWING NEED CALM BREED
> OF CATTLE KIDS ARE 6 AND4 WOULD
> LIKE SOME HELP THANK YOU Dear Herman,

each breeder has their own preference for their chosen breed. My breeds are South Devon and Brahman. The South Devon is by far the most docile of any breed that I have had experience with. They are the most intelligent of the English breeds whilst Brahmans are the most intelligent of the Tropical breeds. Brahmans are the most affectionate of any breed. Best of luck. Colin

[email protected]

Latest posts