Starting New

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I would like to start an Angus Cattle Company in Veracruz Mexico. What is the difference between a Red and Black Angus?
Should I only breed the same breed or should I cross breed ?

Thanks
Alfredo

Both breeds are very similar, our reds seem to handle the heat and humidity generally a little better then the blacks. There are excellent bulls available in both breeds, cows too for that matter. The Red Angus association is helping o market Red Angus cross females so you might want to contact them. Remember too, each breed association to a certain degree is pushing their own propaganda. There isn't any particular reason to either cross or not cross the two breeds unless you want to maintaine registered cattle. We're phasing out the blacks only because we prefer red, personal preference. Our market for equal quality calves pays the same not dependant on red or black. If you don't plan on keeping registered cattle, you might want to seriously consider crossbreeding to non-angus cattle. Might could even use a little touch og Brhaman(zebu) influence.

dun

Anonymous":xzmxmnim said:
I would like to start an Angus Cattle Company in Veracruz Mexico. What is the difference between a Red and Black Angus?
Should I only breed the same breed or should I cross breed ?

Thanks
Alfredo

I was reading through a magazine the other day, Drovers I think, and I found out that the Red Angus Association headquarters is about 2 miles from my house, just over the bridge in Denton!
They really do need to do some marketing because I have driven by there for years and never knew they were located there. I stopped by there one day and looked over the cows, sure did look nice and big and healthy!

Maybe you're noticing it is similar to when you start driving a new truck. You never notice how many of them there are on the road until you have a reason to notice.

dun

eric":16085vgu said:
I was reading through a magazine the other day, Drovers I think, and I found out that the Red Angus Association headquarters is about 2 miles from my house, just over the bridge in Denton!
They really do need to do some marketing because I have driven by there for years and never knew they were located there. I stopped by there one day and looked over the cows, sure did look nice and big and healthy!

Latest posts