Starting early this year...OK Tornadoes

Help Support CattleToday:

LimousinGirl

Reaction score
What a day yesterday...tornadoes all around us. At least 8 people were killed in one. We got in the shelter til we thought it passed over, came out and about 30 minutes later we got hail close to the size a tennis ball, man, if you ever want to hear LOUD, I thought I kept hearing the roof beams cracking and breaking, never heard anything like it before. Cracked the windshield of the vehicle and dented it up some, but other then that not much damage. Whew.
This house about a mile from us got the roof ripped off and thrown about 350 feet back into the field, and a big ceder tree by it snapped right in half. :eek: Don't know if a tornado touched down right there or what 'cause it sure didn't seem like we had that much wind to take the roof off. Wish I had some pics of the actual tornadoes though, that'd be so cool! :)

Glad you're ok. I'm guessing we're SE of you and we had crazy wind. When we started getting a little bit of "hail" - I use the term loosely because it was barely anything - I immediately thought there could be a tornado. Warmth and hail never mix.

Tornadoes were all over the state last night. I just read that eight people were killed in Lone Grove. We had a bit of small hail when it moved through here and wound up with another half inch of rain. But I don't think our county got any high winds or damage. You probably saw that long string of storms on radar. It went way south of Dallas and up through OK City. These days it seems like tornadoes can spring up about any time of the year and in just about any part of the country. :(

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090211/ap_ ... re_weather

Yeah, they're crazy. I can't get local stations here, so I really had no idea what was going on.

Where are y'all at?

Glad to hear that all you okies are OK. We got some HEAVY downpours, wind and pea size hail..quite abit of hail actually and it was weird, it stayed really warm..normaly when the storms come in, you get that rain cooled air, not this time. lots of lightning too, animals outside did not get fed til close to 7:30 when it finally cleared the area.

hate this time of year..... warm gulf air and moisture coupled with cold front from the north give us a recipe for disaster. and most travel from west to east strait up hiway 72 from the mississippi line "tornado alley" that must have been the way they layed out 72 the tornados cleared the path.

I heard and read about the devastation to your state this morning..Prayers go out to all of you who have been effected..

I hope all of you and your friends and family are safe ..

LimousinGirl":12g720xo said:
TC Cattle":12g720xo said:
Where are y'all at?

We're over here about 30 minutes north of Edmond. Glad you and Frankie are alright. :)
Thanks for the prayers, HD~I'm sure there's lots of folks that could use it right now.

LG
I knew you had to be out around Ok City from all the red clay in the pics, brother lived at Harrah for awhile and I have several Aunts and Uncles around OKC

Angus Cowman":qt0jptbg said:
LimousinGirl":qt0jptbg said:
TC Cattle":qt0jptbg said:
Where are y'all at?

We're over here about 30 minutes north of Edmond. Glad you and Frankie are alright. :)
Thanks for the prayers, HD~I'm sure there's lots of folks that could use it right now.

LG
I knew you had to be out around Ok City from all the red clay in the pics, brother lived at Harrah for awhile and I have several Aunts and Uncles around OKC

Yep, we got the red clay alright. :D