Start of hay season on other side of pond

Help Support CattleToday:

Dun that's what I'm really trying to figure out. I can see it turning counterclockwise in the southern hemisphere but what about the breaking point. Does it vary during the day or does it just go down? This is the kind of trivial questions that gnaw on my brain cells at times and won't go away until I figure it out. Too much radioless tractor time.

Jogeephus":o56tsav9 said:
Dun that's what I'm really trying to figure out. I can see it turning counterclockwise in the southern hemisphere but what about the breaking point. Does it vary during the day or does it just go down? This is the kind of trivial questions that gnaw on my brain cells at times and won't go away until I figure it out. Too much radioless tractor time.

Jo do you think it could of been that lightening strike or cooking too much corn or have you been growing your own bakker again :cowboy: :drink: :p

Joe, to be honest I have no idea. Its something you learn about in primary school and never ever hear mentioned again. I'll have a look, water draining out of a zinc is the same deal isn't it?

KNERSIE":mwwj7bd8 said:
Joe, to be honest I have no idea. Its something you learn about in primary school and never ever hear mentioned again. I'll have a look, water draining out of a zinc is the same deal isn't it?

From a sink it would be the same, don;t know what difference being from a zinc sink would be.

dun":mzby3yrg said:
KNERSIE":mzby3yrg said:

From a sink it would be the same, don;t know what difference being from a zinc sink would be.

I have the language barrier as an excuse ;-)

dun":1z15qz66 said:
KNERSIE":1z15qz66 said:

I have tested both a zinc sink and a porcelain sink and it goes anti-clockwise.

KNERSIE":2fkswvmt said:
dun":2fkswvmt said:
KNERSIE":2fkswvmt said:

I have tested both a zinc sink and a porcelain sink and it goes anti-clockwise.

Now for the $64,000 question! WHY does it!

This is why but I don't have time to explain what it means cause I gotta go spend my money! ;-) :lol2:

0eba35425c22521c0230a6f2d20ad7d1.png

Actually got it out of this link. Tried getting a better understanding of it but I think I'm to dumb. There is a good animation that gives you an idea why but I don't fully understand any of it. I do wonder what happens at the equator. BTW - is the rotation not the definining thing as to whether its a typhoon or a hurricane?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coriolis_effect#Causes