Standing Rock Sioux

Help Support CattleToday:

john250

Reaction score
I'm suspicous. I think they're being used (knowingly or unknowingly) by the Tom Steyer, Green Party, Warren Buffet (oil trains) wing of radical environmental extremists. The Sioux are a very sympathetic client, considering their historic mistreatment at the hands of the white man. But the protests on TV look a lot like "Occupy Wall St." and the "Trump is not my President" protests. Drum circles, maybe with extra feathers.
Where are "Indian burial grounds"? Aren't they everywhere? What is "sacred land"? Anywhere we say it is, I think.

john250":33oeyk3z said:
I'm suspicous. I think they're being used (knowingly or unknowingly) by the Tom Steyer, Green Party, Warren Buffet (oil trains) wing of radical environmental extremists. The Sioux are a very sympathetic client, considering their historic mistreatment at the hands of the white man. But the protests on TV look a lot like "Occupy Wall St." and the "Trump is not my President" protests. Drum circles, maybe with extra feathers.
Where are "Indian burial grounds"? Aren't they everywhere? What is "sacred land"? Anywhere we say it is, I think.
I think you're on to something. Doesn't even cross their lands. And folks bytch at the muslims for not assimilating. Betcha every family represented at this place is drawing at least one gov't check.

TexasBred":redoymtv said:
john250":redoymtv said:
I think you're on to something. Doesn't even cross their lands. And folks bytch at the muslims for not assimilating. Betcha every family represented at this place is drawing at least one gov't check.

Someone is paying their bills, there's no free lunchs.

john250":2bclpo3d said:
Nailed it follow the dollar who is making money moving the oil now.
Rail has to be the most costly alternative we have

john250":22fxppfc said:

John,
Anything is possible. Standing Rock has made the news many times for protests and unrest. Do you remember Russell Means? Played in the movie "The Last of the Mohicans". He was leader of a major protest at Standing Rock.

During the 1973-74 Wounded Knee II standoff with the US government American Indian Movement (A.I.M.) activists and traditional Oglala Lakota Oyate kin declared that the hamlet of Wounded Knee was the Independent Oglala Nation (ION). The late American Indian Movement leader Russell Means sought recognition from the United Nations but was initially unsuccessful. Later, in 1977 at Standing Rock, Means and the traditional leaders of the Hunkpapa Lakota Oyate kin delivered the "Declaration of Continuing Independence." The phrase continuing independence is key. Indigenous peoples did not seek integration with the United States. Indigenous nations were coerced through military force and legislative fiat to accept integration with the United States, but not without a fight. A small group of culturally assimilated American Indian academics supported integration. Another group of academics and traditional leaders vehemently opposed it with good reason.

I hear the protesters are each receiving $180 each a day for being ther by Seirra club type organizations. The majority are not from standing Rock and many are not Indian.

Just leave the protesters alone till spring, and only the real Indians will be left protesting. Then just ask them to move because we're coming through. It's all so easy and the politicians and liberals try to make it so hard.

john250":3muqwxm1 said:
But the protests on TV look a lot like "Occupy Wall St." and the "Trump is not my President" protests. Drum circles, maybe with extra feathers. What is "sacred land"? Anywhere we say it is, I think.

My favorite news clip was Jesse Jackson trying to ride an Indian pony. Even he knew that he looked stupid.
Sounds like the Sioux never bought in to the river reservoir construction, and there is a no land development for any reason history.
I think our government decided to leave this enforcement mess for Trump to deal with.

No one was too concerned when they buried my family's farms, and cemetery to make a stupid lake.
They didn't even remove the bodies.

I guess white man cemetery not sacred grounds to great white chief...

sim.-ang.king":2bjcbepu said:
No one was too concerned when they buried my family's farms, and cemetery to make a stupid lake.
They didn't even remove the bodies.

I guess white man cemetery not sacred grounds to great white chief...

You got a point there!

Normally, Corps Of Engineers impoundments, require them to excavate the cemeteries and remove the remains to a new cemetery. I did a herptofaunal survey before the Cave Run Reservoir was completed. I talked to some Corps workers who said there was nothing in the graves. They scooped up a couple shovels of dirt, moved it to a new cemetery and called it good.

The whole thing started when the pipeline co wouldn't pay what Indians wanted to come through the rez. Pipeline went around and Indians were pizzed about the money they didn't get.
If they had paid the extortion price we never would have heard of this.

Latest posts