Stand With Phil Robertson

Help Support CattleToday:

Commercialfarmer":bnkdr5fw said:
Chew on this for a moment, what he said that is so offensive and has much of Hollywood up in arms, the source was read in school throughout the country between 2 to 3 generations ago.

It has less to do with what he said as where he learned it.
The show was started to make fun of our values and lifestyle.
It backfired on the blue members of our society.

Caustic Burno":24fnsvmj said:
Commercialfarmer":24fnsvmj said:
Chew on this for a moment, what he said that is so offensive and has much of Hollywood up in arms, the source was read in school throughout the country between 2 to 3 generations ago.

It has less to do with what he said as where he learned it.
The show was started to make fun of our values and lifestyle.
It backfired on the blue members of our society.

I agree CB. I wasn't real clear, that is what I was meaning by the source and it being read in school houses throughout the country, in the early 1900's.

This is getting a lot of attention on a lot of forums. One common opinion is that he is free to say what he wants to say, and A&E is free to react to it as they see fit if they don't feel his comments reflects what their network stands for.

But I'm thinking, what if there was a network whose office dwellers were anti-gay, and a person from one of their shows was making pro-gay comments, so they decide to suspend that person from a show. I wonder how that would go over.?

herofan":39tz01uw said:
This is getting a lot of attention on a lot of forums. One common opinion is that he is free to say what he wants to say, and A&E is free to react to it as they see fit if they don't feel his comments reflects what their network stands for.

But I'm thinking, what if there was a network whose office dwellers were anti-gay, and a person from one of their shows was making pro-gay comments, so they decide to suspend that person from a show. I wonder how that would go over.?
Like a fart in a space suit

Looks like Cracker Barrel has seen the error of it's ways.
Here's Cracker Barrel's full statement:
Dear Cracker Barrel Customer:
When we made the decision to remove and evaluate certain Duck Dynasty items, we offended many of our loyal customers. Our intent was to avoid offending, but that's just what we've done.
You told us we made a mistake. And, you weren't shy about it. You wrote, you called and you took to social media to express your thoughts and feelings. You flat out told us we were wrong.
We listened.
Today, we are putting all our Duck Dynasty products back in our stores.
And, we apologize for offending you.
We respect all individuals right to express their beliefs. We certainly did not mean to have anyone think different.
We sincerely hope you will continue to be part of our Cracker Barrel family.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/12/22/crack ... asty-back/