Help Support CattleToday:

WisRose

Reaction score
Here are our 2010 calves.
DSC02790.jpg

Out of eight calves seven are bulls.
This is "Chuckie" out of Semex's McCoy Powerhouse
DSC02781.jpg

Here he is next to a Shorthorn and a Murray Grey/Hereford cross.
DSC02792.jpg

Here is my only heifer. She's out of Route 66 born Feb 22nd.
DSC02805.jpg

DSC02798.jpg

Reload calf
DSC02807.jpg

what was the powerhouse calf's BW? I liked the look of his sire but his high BW has put me off.

Chuckie weighed 112# at birth. He came easy out of an older cow. He does have a lot of white. Our birth weights were big this year. Two in the 70's (heifer and an Ozzie calf) the Murray Grey was 90# backwards out of a first calf heifer :shock: Shorthorn 110# hard pull, 125# Simmi(Club King)XHerf. Reload was 115# and a 95#er. All the calves were very alert and up nursing fast thankfully. We will castrate most in the fall. Chuckie can't be registered as the AHA won't give Powerhouse the OK for AI certs. He will make an awesome steer for the fair!

Nice calf, but glad he's going to be a steer!! With bwt's like that he better be!! To much potential for c-sections for me!

Here is a picture of Chuckie at two weeks old. He wasn't freakishly big and the cow spit him out no problem (she's a big cow). We had a Powerhouse heifer last year and her BW was 86#. He will be a steer later we don't mess with selling bulls. He is 10 days younger than the brown blaze faced calf he's next to in one of the pictures.
DSC02697.jpg

Latest posts