Stalled calving

Help Support CattleToday:

grubbie

Reaction score
So friggin annoying,.....out of the whole herd we have one cow and one heifer left to calve. Everything else has been calved out for 2 weeks. Wish the next blizzard would arrive so we could finish up. :roll:

grubbie":1hzsujz3 said:
So friggin annoying,.....out of the whole herd we have one cow and one heifer left to calve. Everything else has been calved out for 2 weeks. Wish the next blizzard would arrive so we could finish up. :roll:
Same exact thing we've got happening here. We put the two together near the house so we can peek out the window and look at them. Nice outside so we pretty much forget about them.

the cows will calve when they want to.an besides they love to make us wait an watch them to calve.

Our calving started 3-6 and all but 2 had calved by 4-1. The last 2 one calved 4-17 the other 4-25

grubbie":1zfj7fwh said:

Be careful what you wish for - you just might get it! It's supposed to start raining her tomorrow, and continue for 3 or 4 days. You're far enough north of us, that you're likely to get snow - that should get her motivated! If it does, I sure hope it works out.

twistedxranch":3qvrcaz9 said:
I heard that I had a heifer that has been bagged up it seems like for ages. She finally dropped a healthy heifer calf this morning.
Oh no....twisted..you ain't seen nothin...I've got a heifer that has been bagged up and her back end looking LOOSE AS A GOOSE forever!!! I mean...I really have to take a picture of this butt...I didn't know they could get THAT loose...(I've seen loose but this is LOOSE!!!!!!) We keep saying she HAS to calve soon!!! (She still has movement so we're not worried about the calf)...

DSC00473.jpg

OK...this picture does not do it justice..earlier today she was laying down and when she got up THAT THING stretched out and looked like a pelican's mouth..only flabby as softset jello...

WOW :shock: Didn't mean for it to be that big...how do I make it smaller? :lol2:

p.s. Thanks Aussie-cowgirl...couldn't have done it without you!

In your photo bucket if you click on the image you want, click on resize which should be one of your options above your image and then click probably medium is what I normally use for forums.

Latest posts