"Stabilizer" cattle?

Help Support CattleToday:

Nesikep

Reaction score
One of my friends asked me about Stabilizer cattle.. I thought he meant Balancer, but apparently no, they're some newfangled breed.. anyone here have any experience with them?

It appears they came to be in 1991, from unspecified sources of cattle. Maybe some lim. mixed in just looking at the pictures of bulls.

Well they used multipliers to produce stabiliser I've been multiplying for years..and still spinning my wheels..now my bull,He's a ""cow freshener""

Nesikep":1g1nsy64 said:
sounds like I need to find a fancy name for my mutts!

The "Official" Meat Wagon breed! Put more meat on your cattle with Nesi's Meat Wagons. Docility, forage consumption, fertility and meat production are all in the top ___% of cattle! (Just make up a number, no one will know)

If I get to where I'd like to be, it's as good a name as any I guess
80% of statistics are made up on the spot anyhow

Nesikep":45vn4sq1 said:
If I get to where I'd like to be, it's as good a name as any I guess
80% of statistics are made up on the spot anyhow

I'm betting the number is larger than that. I'm fascinated with statistics b/c you can manipulate them any way you want to.

I thought Jim Leachman started the Stabiliser hybrid line? Been nearly 30 years since I looked at his catalog.

I imagine it could have changed thru the years, but, according to the Leachman Cattle website; "Stabilizers were developed by Leachman Cattle and are a blend of English and Continental cattle. They are Angus/Red Angus, Simmental , Gelbvieh and South Devon." They say that the Stabilizer will retain 75% of the F1 hybrid vigor.

Nesikep":2fydz6ul said:
Seems to me it defeats the purpose of a breed if it continually has to be bred up from its constituent influences

it's called marketing. those that might use these bulls won't want to take the steps to produce them.

G creek and SoB.. both right!

but what's stopping me from breeding them up from their foundation breeds? Hmmm.. Big money to be made here!

Latest posts