ST sexed Heifer Bull Genetics ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Stocker Steve

Reaction score
I am looking at them for sexed semen to be used on heifers.
Any ST Angus or Hereford bulls you feel are great for this use?
Is there another sexed semen source you prefer to deal with?

S A V EXTENSION 6856
REGISTRATION NUMBER: 18579001 (View pedigree and EPDs)
DATE OF BIRTH: January 6, 2016
SIRE: Sinclair Emulation XXP
DAM: S A V Blackcap May 4136

We are going to use this bull, should make some exceptional females.

Gizmom

Interesting... I'd not heard of them... see that one of my veterinary colleagues is a local rep.
Don't see any prices listed... anybody got ballpark $$$ figures on what they're charging for, say, semen from the SM sire Hooks Bounty, or that red Wagyu bull?

It may be worth mentioning, that with the exception of ABS, ST processes all of the sorted semen available regardless of the bull stud.

could look at sitz dividend 649c 203AN01456 - connealy concord 203AN01464 both >-2.0 for bw.
luckyp bounty listed for $45 dollars and the waygu at $80
ST does process the other studs sexed semen but it is not the same quality of product, theirs is the only one in the ultra4m name in that medium with 4 mil cells per straw.

I used Raindance, Legend, and Response to flush with, Bred several heifers to Concord. Used Homeland in both male and female sexed to make baldies.
Raindance is the highest at $75 others $40 to $45
Treasure could possibly come on.
I thought it worked great flushing, and on natural heat, not to impressed with it syncing, but you do have to be patient and wait a little longer to breed.

DancwIL":1zhn5p9d said:
could look at sitz dividend 649c 203AN01456 - connealy concord 203AN01464 both >-2.0 for bw.
luckyp bounty listed for $45 dollars and the waygu at $80
ST does process the other studs sexed semen but it is not the same quality of product, theirs is the only one in the ultra4m name in that medium with 4 mil cells per straw.

Genex offers Bismarck in "4M"

MN i'll be darned if you arent right my apologies did not mean to mislead, when introduced with them was led to believe that the ultra4m would remain their product exclusively. I dont keep up with all the major suppliers appears select has some now as well.

Doing some breeding cost estimates per retained replacement heifer. Sexed semen costs, but steer feeder calves out of an AI cow maker sire cost you money too. Then add tank filling charges. That old time $50/cow breeding cost estimate does not come close.

I'm eager for the arrival of my spring calves, which are due starting in early March. Nearly all of my cows and heifers were bred to Concord or Treasure using the ST Genetics sexed semen. We had a great conception rate using natural heats, and I just saw someone post on the ST Facebook page that they had a 90 percent conception rate using sexed semen, which is phenomenal by any standard. ST Genetics has a number of Angus bulls that are strong calving ease candidates for use on heifers; probably have some Herefords as well, just havn't looked at that breed in the catalog.

Latest posts