St. Helen's this morn

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
A nice part of cold, crisp morning is seeing how active Mt. St. Helens is. I took this pic at about 7:30 this morning off our back porch. Just a steam plumb rising out of the crater, no eruption.

Alan

IMG_0431.jpg

Nice picture Alan. Looks a little chilly there too. You must have power. Did it blow any Thursday night in you area? Most of the people in my area still don't have power back.

Dave

Warpaint,

It gets light late but it makes up for it by getting dark early this time of the year. Light at 7:30 and dark at 4:30.

Dave":1d7jvufb said:
Warpaint,

It gets light late but it makes up for it by getting dark early this time of the year. Light at 7:30 and dark at 4:30.

We love going to work in the dark and coming home in the dark. But we do love it, no bad snakes, fire ants, killer bees, wild hogs, grizzlies.

Dave we got pretty good wind here, lost power for about 24 hrs, no real damage, lost a 40 ft fir tree is all, fire wood for another season. My son in Spokane got hit real hard but they have power.

Alan

Here's a pic of, I think, the last eruption a few years ago... with a different lens.

Alan

IMG_0078.jpg

I spent the first 13 years of my life in Vancouver, Washington and used to love to climb to the roof of the little house we lived in to watch her "perform".....remember all the times she would erupt and we would lose our phone service...still have old medicine vials full of her ash from the eruptions prior to "the biggie" on May 18th!!! She knocked me plumb outta bed that morning....I remember hearing the rumbling and worrying myself sick for my aunt and cousins who lived in Battleground!!! I have photo albums full of pix from before, during and after her eruptions! One of my favorite was before the May 18th eruption when she looked like Dr Jekyl/Mr Hyde....half covered with ash/ half still pristine white! gonna have to see if the 17 year old can help her old ma out and scan the pix to share with ya!!! ;-)

Latest posts