Squeezing the Customer

Help Support CattleToday:

something doesn't seem right about that one! hope thats not the case.

I ain't the most successful guy in the world, but there are 4 groups of people that I don't trust. Bankers, Doctors, Lawyers, and Insurance Agents.

farmerjan":1suqcbs3 said:
Sorry, I didn't mean that the shipping papers should have the pregnancy status, just that the seller should have included a pregnancy confirmation by the vet, ALONG with the shipping papers. In other words, any and all vet information you might need for the heifers to be included with any shipping papers...so you have a complete profile and health status of the heifers. It seems you sure paid enough for them, the owner sure should have made sure that anything you could have possibly wanted was right there in black and white.

No certificate like that was given to me and yes, I have my records available to anyone that wants them. I had the opportunity to discuss this situation with my Pied mentor last night via Messenger. She definitely approves of the quality for the price and reminded me that Pieds are a slower maturing breed and they needed time. I asked about the bag and she didn't seem too concerned about it, so I'm hoping it will straighten out with time as the pregnancy progresses. She was definitely concerned about them being wild and can't believe there were sold that way without disclosure.

I saw a few back in the trees and already knew their tricks from previous trips. I only run 3 over with the cruise and make it just fine.

ClinchValley":3k8i3llb said:
How are they doing now?

They are coming around. They'll come up with the others when I throw out cubes but they don't seem to know what the cubes are. One will eat a couple and the other will just smell and then they both walk off. They still keep about 15 feet between us but not acting crazy like they started out. I'm pretty much working my way back to the pens with the cubes so hopefully I can catch them in the near future to work. Thanks for checking!

Decided to follow up with pictures since it's been a few weeks now. Both seem to be okay with me with a little distance, but both still watch me like a hawk. I've ran them through the chute a couple times now as a group and didn't tear anything up so far. Still need to hold and catch them both. Maybe just me but I think they've filled out a little and don't look as rough. I didn't get the udder in 550's picture, but it still looks much the same.

Thanks. I also think 550 is the better of the two and she's the calmer one. They are both due in March with 550 in the middle of the month and 560 at the end

mwj said:
Have they calmed down for you? She looks pretty content in the photo.

They have. Just like any of my others now. When I dump cubes they'll let me get close but still want their space. No complaints from me about being nuts now.

Very glad to see that after all the drama and problems, that the 2 "new heifers" have finally settled in and given you calves. Hope the calves grow good and will add to your breeding efforts.