Squeeze chutes.....

Help Support CattleToday:

I might be cheap but I got 4-4 in a pen pulley is on top cow stickes its head in for feed pull the rope 2-6 drops down lockes the cow stainthion tyip 8ft gate comes around u gotit?

If you're doing it yourself, I'd just build a cage rather than a squeeze. Make it about 7' long and make it where you can open the bottom half of the side in case you need to make a calf suck or milk the cow and make the top half two gates that fold down for branding and injections.

You could also easily put a palpation cage at the back. You jut need to fix it where the gate swings to the inside and back that way when you're in it with the gate open, the gate blocks the cattle from coming in behind you.

I'd also make the right hand side where it will open completely to let the cow out when she backs up after the head gates is open and doesn't want to stick her head in there again.

Subsoil":10i9mpv4 said:
If you're doing it yourself, I'd just build a cage rather than a squeeze. Make it about 7' long and make it where you can open the bottom half of the side in case you need to make a calf suck or milk the cow and make the top half two gates that fold down for branding and injections.

You could also easily put a palpation cage at the back. You jut need to fix it where the gate swings to the inside and back that way when you're in it with the gate open, the gate blocks the cattle from coming in behind you.

I'd also make the right hand side where it will open completely to let the cow out when she backs up after the head gates is open and doesn't want to stick her head in there again.

a thought if you are not going to build a squeeze... the cage will have to be big in order for larger animals to enter... but when you run a wild 4-500 #er in there they will have lots of room to bounce around, making it hard to give them injections.. and easier to get your hands tangled up in there.

jt

Latest posts