Squeeze chute!!

Help Support CattleToday:

OSU cowboy22

Reaction score
I am from SE OK I was wondering if any one new where I might find a good used manual Squeeze chute? If not what brand would yall Suggest for an opperation around 150 head of cows? we have had a silver king but I was not really impressed woth it!

We use a Priefert S04 and really like it. I like the automatic if I need to work some by myself. My second choice would be Formost, but I don't like their automatic gate. I did not like the WW rear gate or the headgate. Seen a cow get stuck in the swinging style gat. The Priefert and the manual Formast headgate require no adjustment for size.

Angus Cowman":1q07m5r0 said:
I actually prefer Hydraulics chutes but if I had to use a manual it would be a WW

Well do you have to have a top over a hydraulic chute?

OSU cowboy22":4qhgp49t said:
Angus Cowman":4qhgp49t said:
I actually prefer Hydraulics chutes but if I had to use a manual it would be a WW

NO
I know several guys who just cover theirs with a 5 gal bucket all that has to be covered is the electric motor on them

tom4018":3bbug3ss said:
We use a Priefert S04 and really like it. I like the automatic if I need to work some by myself. My second choice would be Formost, but I don't like their automatic gate. I did not like the WW rear gate or the headgate. Seen a cow get stuck in the swinging style gat. The Priefert and the manual Formast headgate require no adjustment for size.

I have never used an automatic chute but I have kinda been looking at the Priefert so4 and I like the way that it works I do not like the ww because of the back gate

Angus Cowman":32kvgi83 said:
OSU cowboy22":32kvgi83 said:
Angus Cowman":32kvgi83 said:

NO
I know several guys who just cover theirs with a 5 gal bucket all that has to be covered is the electric motor on them

I wish we had covered working area and a hydraulic chute but cattle r gonna have to go up before I can afford one of those !

tom4018":5tkdoq4i said:
i priced a priefert SO4 at the factorty 2wks ago for $1900 without the wheel assembly.but i do know a few guys that work there an thats their price.

Before making up your mind, walk around each one at close working distance. Somme have shin knockers and some have head knockers. Trust me that no matter how well you know they're there, you will end up barking yourself on them...............more then once!

dun":2ifiezdm said:
Before making up your mind, walk around each one at close working distance. Somme have shin knockers and some have head knockers. Trust me that no matter how well you know they're there, you will end up barking yourself on them...............more then once!

that is a big thing that I hate about that silver king I hit my head every time

I remember seeing the Stampede at the NWSS in Denver a few years back, I thought it had several nice features. I am in the market for a new chute now. Does anyone know anything about the sioux steel chute? I watched the videos on their web site and you tube, it has alot of the Stampede features but looks to be built tougher.

OSU cowboy22":215hnoc4 said:
I am from SE OK I was wondering if any one new where I might find a good used manual Squeeze chute? If not what brand would yall Suggest for an opperation around 150 head of cows? we have had a silver king but I was not really impressed woth it!

Check out J&I manufacturing at Madill OK. They normally have several to chose from.

curtis":5titok8v said:
OSU cowboy22":5titok8v said:

Check out J&I manufacturing at Madill OK. They normally have several to chose from.

I have been 2 J&I and will prollybe going back soon 2 get a chute

Douglas":3j88jssk said:
Is there such a thing as a built in scales with the chute?

I know you can get electronic load bars that fit under most chutes. The problem is the load cells used to give a lot of problems. Also if you are using the chute w/o needing the scales that is alot of unnecessary wear & tear on the load cells. I see where Stampede offers a suspension cage for the hydraulic chutes so you can leave it on the ground till you need to weigh one. I am looking for something like that for a manual chute that, when I want to weigh, I can use a tractor or skidloader hydraulics. Maybe the cheapest and simplest solution is going to be to just put a balance beam, single animal cage behind the chute.

we have a set up with the load bars but it is set up behind the chute there is alot of wear when they r not needed but with the new set we got we have had 3 years now with no problems :banana:

Latest posts