Squeeze Chute

Help Support CattleToday:

The quote I got for the 74 with palp cage is $8350. Should have no problem working calves. If a calf is too tiny to work in a chute, I just get in there with it.
Our Arrow at work is narrow enough but I go in to push them forward to speed things up with the little guys.

But didn't you see I volunteered him to work the mini zubu cattle in Charlottesville.
I wondered what you've been hinting at!

Now that you mention it, that cat kind of reminded me of you. You got any children in the Crozet area?

Cow Country calf table is as good of calf table as there is. Good access for branding and cutting.
Thanks for the info. Nobody around here carries them, so have to go into Montana, Wyoming, or Colorado to get one. I borrowed a friends Preifert calf table last year, and about half way through we went to flat assing the calves. Much easier to casterate as the Preifert doesn't have any access panels and the bars were just in the way. Not a very good calf table in my opinion. But the calf table is a learning curve for us since we always rope the calves, but it's getting harder and harder to find good help so figured a calf table may be the answer.

I have been told that 25-30 years ago everyone around here was using calf tables. The problem it caused was they were running out of people and horses that knew how to handle a rope. And there are times when those people and horses are needed. So they went back to roping and dragging to the fire. We have community branding which almost everyone attends. The month of April you can go to 3 or 4 brandings a week.

Thanks for the info. Nobody around here carries them, so have to go into Montana, Wyoming, or Colorado to get one. I borrowed a friends Preifert calf table last year, and about half way through we went to flat assing the calves. Much easier to casterate as the Preifert doesn't have any access panels and the bars were just in the way. Not a very good calf table in my opinion. But the calf table is a learning curve for us since we always rope the calves, but it's getting harder and harder to find good help so figured a calf table may be the answer.
Get an Immobilizer and you won't need any help.

Is that from roping or did your chute bite you?
Roped a 1450lb cow from the ground and was tying her to a fence post covered in barbed wire when she decided to vacate, caught my thumb under the rope. Good times.

Latest posts