Squeeze chute.

Help Support CattleToday:

lavacarancher":1k862wv0 said:
I use a Powder River chute and have been very pleased with it. It is an "XL" model but does not have a palp cage. It's handled everything I've thrown at it.

I have a Powder River XL. It doesn't come with a palp cage but I added one behind it. Great service. I was having a little issue with it. The area sales rep who lives about 6 hours away came and fixed it. I am really pleased with the chute.

The Q-Catch is on my wish list, but we'll probably end up getting another Cattle King whenever ours bites the dust. One can dream, though...

ricebeltrancher":fd52zjuv said:
The Q-Catch is on my wish list, but we'll probably end up getting another Cattle King whenever ours bites the dust. One can dream, though...

My WW chute is over 30 years old and I've replaced the wood and that's it so far. It's not the greatest nor the fanciest but it works better than the operator.

True Grit Farms":305j26dm said:
ricebeltrancher":305j26dm said:

My WW chute is over 30 years old and I've replaced the wood and that's it so far. It's not the greatest nor the fanciest but it works better than the operator.

My last wood replacement on the side boards was with 6 inch C channel. I put the smooth side in. I'm liking it so far.

https://youtu.be/KAAYgiuc8p8
weight is aprox 1600 lb i have not used it but for few so far i can carry it on a carry all slowly i usual put somthing in loader bucket an strap it down !
http://www.cowcoinc.com/
like i said not sure where your located these guys are 40 min drive from me
learning 7880
guess i forgot to welcome you . :welcome: :wave: :welcome: to the boards !

If you build your own you can build it exactly like you want. Mine weighs 1900lbs and cost me $850.

jd620":1qcug9z5 said:
If you build your own you can build it exactly like you want. Mine weighs 1900lbs and cost me $850.
You got skills son. I'll give you an even grand for it.

like HDRider said you got skills ,and time to match it thats darn nice looking cchute you made !! :tiphat:

Does anyone have a Stampede Steel with manual headgate they look very nice but quite a bit higher. Are they worth it.

Learning7880":1yby5j0k said:
Does anyone have a Stampede Steel with manual headgate they look very nice but quite a bit higher. Are they worth it.

If you have the extra cash, they certainly are worth considering. They are built heavier than the Sioux (about 500 lbs more) and can control the headgate with a lever at the back, which is nice. But it was going to cost me 2k more for a Stampede over a Sioux, so that made the choice. Rather take that extra 2k and buy a maternity pen with it.

Squeeze chute is on my wishlist... still working with an old wooden alley and chute that's way older than me and due to be replaced in the next year or two. But it has a Preifert 91 head gate on the front of it that is awesome. It will definitely be getting a Preifert squeeze behind it when the time comes. Everything I've heard about their customer service sounds great too, I wouldn't know though because in 10 years or more with their head gate we've never had an issue. Spray her down with some WD40 if it hasn't been used for awhile and start working cattle... by myself at that.

We had a Preifert for over 20 years the catch worked great but the design allowed cattle to get a leg through the side which made for some scary moments. For that reason the boss hated the Preifert. We purchased a foremost system at the Sun Belt Ag Expo about 10 years ago for the farm, this one has the chute and ally the boss loved it so much when we replaced the Preifert at the home place it was with the Foremost chute not ally and tub but even for working two year old bulls it works fine. The chute doesn't work great for mature bulls catching their heads just doesn't work. Truth be told the boss would love to have a Silencer chute for working the bulls but the accounting dept (that would be me) said we couldn't afford it.

gizmom

I appreciate everyone commenting and telling what they like and don't like and why. We are still researching our plan is to go to The North American Livestock Expo in Louisville hopefully can see many models in one place. Keep the comments and opinions coming please all are very helpful.

Thanks for all the help. We ended up getting a Sioux Steel with manual head gate brought it home from farm show Louisville