squeeze chute alley width

Help Support CattleToday:

tncattle

Reaction score
Redoing y alley way that leads to the squeeze chute for mama cows. Last yr. I only ran 5-7 wt. stockers so it was more narrow. What should my width be for bred mama cows and just mature cows in general?

Thanks

I am building mine now, and have gone to 30 inches. I am wondering how "Fatso" my Angus will squeeze through without greaseing her up.

kerley":1fkl51kd said:
I am building mine now, and have gone to 30 inches. I am wondering how "Fatso" my Angus will squeeze through without greaseing her up.
She;ll make it. May bulg out through the sides but she'll get through unless her shoulder or hip bone structure is too wide. May not like it but she;ll make it

my ally is 28 inches wide.going to 30 would give them some wiggle room.an some would try to turn around.

tncattle":1dn0ybpq said:
Redoing y alley way that leads to the squeeze chute for mama cows. Last yr. I only ran 5-7 wt. stockers so it was more narrow. What should my width be for bred mama cows and just mature cows in general?

Thanks

Mine are 24 on the bottom 28 at the top I want them dragging hair when they go down it. This stops trainwrecks.
95% of all the trainwrecks I have had over the years has been in the chute.