Square baler

Help Support CattleToday:

The Show Maker

Reaction score
i Have a square baler that tyes a not on one side and tyes one on the other side but it breaks after thebale is tyed and i dont no what eles to do to it i have tryed every thing but it just want work it a IH 430 it bales good but just want tye and make a bale for nothing bec it keeps on breaking so if any awnsers to my solution then tell me please..
Jason
:cboy: :?:

So, you're saying that the baler makes a knot, but then it breaks just to the side of it on the twine? If so, it's in the knife thingy (I'm so exact, I know). If it's not tying at all, it's the billhook. You may have to beat on it just a LITTLE bit so that it'll pick up and knot the twine correctly. Are all the springs on the knotters okay?

HatCreekFan":1wktkmnm said:
So, you're saying that the baler makes a knot, but then it breaks just to the side of it on the twine? If so, it's in the knife thingy (I'm so exact, I know). If it's not tying at all, it's the billhook. You may have to beat on it just a LITTLE bit so that it'll pick up and knot the twine correctly. Are all the springs on the knotters okay?
I'd say it's definitely a Knife problem.May need an adjustment. If it were not tying at all, it would be a Knotter.

can i just got buy a cuter to put in it if so how much would that be. and yea its breaking right after it tyes it because it tyes it good it just breaks itll bale one then break 40 then it may bale one and break 50 so do u just thing it is the knotter.

Jason

Do you have an owners manual , most of them have a section in the back for troubleshooting the knotters ,it will show you what the different problems look like and it will tell you what things to check to correct it. that's usually how I get going again.

The Show Maker":2um2syls said:
i Have a square baler that tyes a not on one side and tyes one on the other side but it breaks after thebale is tyed and i dont no what eles to do to it i have tryed every thing but it just want work it a IH 430 it bales good but just want tye and make a bale for nothing bec it keeps on breaking so if any awnsers to my solution then tell me please..
Jason
:cboy: :?:

Is the string breaking, or is the knot coming untied?

id say its the knotter.not tieing the bale off.i dont think the knife is cutting it though.the knott has tobe lose tied.scott

The Show Maker":4cqjmpa8 said:
im from chattoonga TN and it's tying good and not coming un tyed the bale just breaks . Jason
Just wondered if you were close by. Would have been glad to look at it for you. You're 125 miles away.

The Show Maker":28dhmxwp said:
im from chattoonga TN and it's tying good and not coming un tyed the bale just breaks . Jason

Did you try loosening the bale chute up?

MikeC":2ssju5o7 said:
The Show Maker":2ssju5o7 said:

Did you try loosening the bale chute up?
Agree with Mike. Sounds like you need to try loosening the cranks a little bit. Can't put five pounds of stuff in a four pound sack.

True, if the bales are too heavy, they'll bust. Is the hay cured enough? No big green clumps, right?

Otherwise, since one side is tying right and the other is tying, then slicing the twine, the knife is giving you problems. Not sure on cost.

HatCreekFan":10dmskw2 said:
True, if the bales are too heavy, they'll bust. Is the hay cured enough? No big green clumps, right?

Otherwise, since one side is tying right and the other is tying, then slicing the twine, the knife is giving you problems. Not sure on cost.

I might be wrong, but doesn't an IH baler just pull the string over the knife to cut it? Or does it have a knife that actually sweeps and cuts the twine? I believe it's something simple wrong with this baler. Like string catching on something or the bales are too tight.

MikeC, I agree with the knife maybe brushing the twine a little, and weakening it enough to break. Yes, it's something simple :)

I will defer to you...I'm only familiar with our NH 575 baler. We've really bonded these past few summers :)

so the baler can be fixed there ant no reason to sell it then right.. o yea and on the IH balers do have cutters and after yall are telling me this stuff i think i may need to go get a new cutter.thanks if yall think of any more comments tell me thanks.... Jason

If you were closer I would say it is beyond repair and you should sell it to me for scrap metal prices. :lol:

No, you have received some good advice here. I have an real old NH that I did all the knotter adjustments on and it hasn't missed a bale since. One adjustment had to be made with a 24 pipe wrench and a hammer. There was no other way to get the clearance to spec other than that.

Here, take a look on ebay. It's the manual you need. Are you sure it's a IH430 and not a NH430?

http://cgi.ebay.com/International-420-4 ... dZViewItem

I used to have a Ford that would cut the twine behind the knot on one side and not tye on the other when you ran it to fast. Throttle back some below 540 rpm mark and it made bales all day.
I'd try making a looser bale also.

well would u want to buy it for parts ill sell it to yea for enought money to buy me a nother good used one if i get another one then ill go with a nh be no one can fix a IH but ill try somthings on it and if it dont work then ill let yea no ... Jason