Spur Success

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Since Spur Success was discussed in the CC&7 thread, I thought I would post a picture of him. In this picture, it is doing a heavy mist, so the picture is taken from the truck window. It also makes the picture foggy looking. He is a really thick, large framed bull. I really like the cow we have out of him. And she produces good heifers. The one thing that I do dislike about him, is his milk EPD. 37 is extremely too high. The cow that was bred to him had a milk EPD of 10, and her milk EPD is a 26.
SpurSuccessNov.jpg

If you have cows with low milk, and avg. frame, he packs a lot of meat on them. His BW is .-7 with a calving east of +10. I am am always looking for a bull with really low milk numbers to cross with cows, so that when I run across a bull like Spur Success, I can breed to him, and it will even things out. Our heifer does not milk her self to death. She maintains her weight while the calf is latched on for 6 months. Spur Success' epd's
WW +54 YW +108 His Marb is +.70 and his RE is +.49.
$B +$66.12
For that size bull, I am amazed at the BW and calving ease. I would not hesitate to buy another one of his heifer's if she was out of a cow with low milking numbers, or use him to AI my cows with low numbers also.
Chuckie