Spring?

Help Support CattleToday:

Sounds great Peg.
We have water running just about everywhere. Got a culvert west of us that is 4' in size and if the water goes up about 5" more the road will be under water. never seen that nor even heard of it from the old timers.
Also had water cutting a ditch in a road just south of us too. Found it when coming home this evening. It was an "Oh crap!" moment. I was able to slow down before I crossed it.
Road crew is going to be super busy for the next few months. Lots of road damage and new culverts being put in.

Jim62":25nsaxlg said:
Mesquites are the final authority on spring. When they start budding out, IT'S HERE !!

Absolutely....and if you don't have mesquite just watch the pecan trees. :nod:

Absolutely....and if you don't have mesquite just watch the pecan trees

I did have a pecan tree lie to me a couple years ago. Now I watch the grape vines, they haven't lied....yet.

mattyboy":12pgs5hl said:
Absolutely....and if you don't have mesquite just watch the pecan trees

I did have a pecan tree lie to me a couple years ago. Now I watch the grape vines, they haven't lied....yet.

bad bad tree....only one or did all of them lie to you. ;-)

Was a right pretty day today...

Cows are going to be hard to pen before long. Don't seem as interested in hay anymore.

I cast some bones today and spring will officially begin here Sunday. Oh, and Vette, you will have more rainfall this year than last year, or so say the bones.

Jogeephus":15yp3eh1 said:
I cast some bones today and spring will officially begin here Sunday. Oh, and Vette, you will have more rainfall this year than last year, or so say the bones.
:D At least it is starting out that way. Actually was able to get around without the rubber boots (if you stay out of the cowlots). Sun is supposed to start going away and start raining again Sunday, but the high temps have started to get to the low 70s. and the lows in the mid-high 40s.

Going to be interesting to see what we can grow this year.

All this spring talk is making me anxious. We still have 18" of snow cover.... and that's with a week of above freezing temps.