SPRING VACS

Help Support CattleToday:

RICHARDL

Reaction score
I'm not sure about vaccinating my cows & bull for the spring. I vaccanated them Back in Sept. with Virasheild 6 & ivermec. Do i do the same for the spring even though i have 1 that's preg. ? not sure if the others or . I don't think they are but is it save to vaccanate them? are any info would be appreiacated :cowboy:

RICHARDL":12uv0jm5 said:
I'm not sure about vaccinating my cows & bull for the spring. I vaccanated them Back in Sept. with Virasheild 6 & ivermec. Do i do the same for the spring even though i have 1 that's preg. ? not sure if the others or . I don't think they are but is it save to vaccanate them? are any info would be appreiacated

Richard, the best thing to do is to check out the label on the virashield. I've used virashield before, and I think it's pregnant safe. Since your in Louisiana, you'd probably be on the same type program as me: Spring and fall vaccinate with combo vaccine, worm with ivomec plus - and black leg the calves in the spring.

A serious word of caution......

You had make darn sure that you don't worm them until Warble(Heel Fly) season is over or you risk giving your cattle bottle throat? or even Paralisys and a slow death from killing the larvae in their spinal cord.

I killed two of my yearlings last year......very hard lesson.

Call a large animal vet and get on a program.

<///><

Thanks all, I spoke with the vet in the fall, he Gave me the virashield 6 & Ivermec plus. He told me thats what he uses in the fall and spring. I'll look on the label to see if its preganet safe. thanks again :cowboy:

Latest posts