SPRING STORMS

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
Depending on how accurate the WLs are, we may get to try out our new "fraidy hole" the next couple of days. That's coupled with the flooding that they're predicting

Angus Cowman":yu2i1z56 said:
things look like they could get nasty if they are right

The operative word being "right". They've been wrong so much so far they're "almost" bound to get one right pretty soon.

Keep your eye to the sky and your weather radio turned on. Be careful dun.

We just got 6" of snow over night.

After several days of nice calm winds, they slammed back into us last night aroun 10 PM. They are currently headed north at 24 mph with gusts up to 34. Hang on!

Here, too. Yesterday low was about 15 but temp has been slowly rising since. 43 right now. Tomorrow supposed to be mid 60's, high winds, 1-2 inches of rain and possible thunderstorms. Ground is still frozen so there's no place for all that water to go.

Almost all day long they've been predicting "strong storms" tonight through tomorrow morning. Now they're saying we're on the edge of the storms, and may not get ANY rain! Totally SUCKS! :(

High 20's and raining. All day Friday it rained, and it has rained all night. The roads are awful, dispatch has been busy all night with calls coming in from motorists in the ditch. Fortunately there have been no injuries ~ people are going slow. But high 20's feels like a heat wave!

First band passd us by without even much rain. Next band is heading this way and they're still predicting up to 3 inches of rain. Still the tornado watch too. Still 68 degrees like it's been all night but supposed to be in the 20s again tonight

dun":1p71ccos said:
First band passd us by without even much rain. Next band is heading this way and they're still predicting up to 3 inches of rain. Still the tornado watch too. Still 68 degrees like it's been all night but supposed to be in the 20s again tonight
we got a lil rain about 4 this morning and is raining lightly here so muddy from the ground sweating it is slippery

From below zero chills and two feet of snow last week to freezing rain, snow and now thunder and lightening and torrential rain supposed to get up to 60 degrees today! What a mess.

TheBullLady":11nrhe6p said:
Almost all day long they've been predicting "strong storms" tonight through tomorrow morning. Now they're saying we're on the edge of the storms, and may not get ANY rain! Totally SUCKS! :(

I see the old red spot has turned to maroon and the red spot is growing. According to the radar, looks like your chance of getting a shower is better than mine but not too much better. Wind is still trucking north at 23.

A few observations:

looks like December is going to be the second driest for the year with 1/10th of an inch (our snow blizzard), July being the driest with 0.

Wettest was May with 6 1/2 (slightly above normal). Will end the year (if it doesn't rain anymore) with 15 3/4, about half of normal.

Vette, I've said this before and I'll say it again - I think you have had the worst luck with rainfall this year than anyone on the board. Hope the worm turns for you!

Jogeephus":8bpcoly5 said:
Vette, I've said this before and I'll say it again - I think you have had the worst luck with rainfall this year than anyone on the board. Hope the worm turns for you!

I'll say thanks for the concern once again too. That map shows a lot of area that is short of rain. I don't know if I am in worse shape than a lot of folks, maybe I just gripe about it too much. I am trying to get off the weather fixation. I know I have a problem when folks post pictures of animals and the first thing I see is the lush green grass. Shoot, even my mouth starts watering. Then when looking at the snow pictures and the first thing that comes to mind is how much moisture will melt out of them. :lol: Been trying to take my mind off the weather by making repairs (cool, dry weather is good working weather) but then the stinking economy shows up. :roll: I could repair my way to the poor house. Seems doing nothing is the best way to slow the slow bleed of money this year.

Thanks to everybody for listening to my grumbling.

Sky is bvlue, sun is shining, 71 degrees. Evil looking stuff is about an hour west of us. Bluebirds are starting a copule of nests. Strange

1982vett":28d1n19k said:
Jogeephus":28d1n19k said:

I'll say thanks for the concern once again too. That map shows a lot of area that is short of rain. I don't know if I am in worse shape than a lot of folks, maybe I just gripe about it too much. I am trying to get off the weather fixation. I know I have a problem when folks post pictures of animals and the first thing I see is the lush green grass. Shoot, even my mouth starts watering. Then when looking at the snow pictures and the first thing that comes to mind is how much moisture will melt out of them. :lol: Been trying to take my mind off the weather by making repairs (cool, dry weather is good working weather) but then the stinking economy shows up. :roll: I could repair my way to the poor house. Seems doing nothing is the best way to slow the slow bleed of money this year.

Thanks to everybody for listening to my grumbling.

You can have the best plans, and work the hardest--but without rain it is all for naught. I have a couple T shirts for that, and I sure sympathize with you.
Eventually the rain returns, but when everything is crisp that is cold comfort.

We been getting showes wind gusts nothing big. I would trade vette some water if i could i would like not wading mud feeding for a few days. Ground was froze a few days was nice not being to your knees in mud.

You too angie? Mine has been going since last night when that wind hit here. They were still pulling people out at 4am. Have a road grader stuck in the ditch and the road crews have abandoned trying to get the country roads opened. Hope they can get us out for Monday, dog gets his staples out from his surgery.

Latest posts