SPRING STORMS

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno":duu58x45 said:
Right in the middle of the big thicket in East Texas is where we need to turn the sprinkler off for about a month.
I meant when you are talking to the big guy. :nod:

1982vett":28nwle1g said:
TheBullLady":28nwle1g said:
I'll send my cows on over to you along with vetts caustic! We're right in the middle of the "maroon" spot as well. It's terrible dry here. I hate showing ranches to anyone with cows looking like skeletons and tumbleweeds rolling around everywhere. :(

We didn't even get enough to drip off the roof.. maybe a 100th of an inch, and it was so windy I think it evaporated as it hit the dirt. I don't think the cows even ran up to the barn for that one!

I watched it on the radar yesterday and new it was spotty but the way they were moving I figgured you at least got a shower. I'm just to far south of the current pattern, except for the morning when I was to far north. :lol:

Do people still plant a lot of oats like they did 30 years ago or is in mostly in pastures now. Man it's been a long time since I was thru that area.

Caustic, I guess it was 2004 November - February 2005 that if a mouse sneezed we got a half inch. Had an empty 5 gallon bucket setting in the yard during one spell, when I went to get it it was full. Could use some of that now but it is long gone down the Brazos River.

It is so wet here you can't hardly put out hay. Wood ducks are enjoying it though.

Latest posts