Spring Snakes

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd":tngtxf7x said:
Peg and Alice here is a sure fire way to get rid of fire ants. You take some chewing tobacco and sprinkle on the mound. The workers will carry it into the mound to the queen. Watch and when she comes out to spit you step on her. The workers will eventual die without a queen.

I think I'll take a pass on this one, but thanks anyway. It's bad enough when I step in a fire ant mound without realizing it. I can't imagine doing it on purpose... :shock:

Oh, you were joking! :p Or, maybe you weren't... :mad:

Alice :)

Alice":20mlrfnk said:
hurleyjd":20mlrfnk said:
Peg and Alice here is a sure fire way to get rid of fire ants. You take some chewing tobacco and sprinkle on the mound. The workers will carry it into the mound to the queen. Watch and when she comes out to spit you step on her. The workers will eventual die without a queen.

I think I'll take a pass on this one, but thanks anyway. It's bad enough when I step in a fire ant mound without realizing it. I can't imagine doing it on purpose... :shock:

Oh, you were joking! :p Or, maybe you weren't... :mad:

Alice :)

Yes :lol: :lol: :lol: ;-)

On the laying hens if you sprinkle comet or ajax under her nest the fire ants won't bother her or the eggs.
One sure way I have found of getting rid of fire ants. Dig up the mound and pour boiling hot water on them. Then I sprinkle it with comet. This is the perfect time to be out doing this,the ants are kind of slow right now. I've already doctored 10 nest.
Also if the ants are going into your feed room ,coming into the house or getting on the porch....sprinkle with comet it takes a minute or 2 and they are gone. It does not kill them ,it just makes them leave.

Joy in Texas":v1tjpruo said:
On the laying hens if you sprinkle comet or ajax under her nest the fire ants won't bother her or the eggs.
One sure way I have found of getting rid of fire ants. Dig up the mound and pour boiling hot water on them. Then I sprinkle it with comet. This is the perfect time to be out doing this,the ants are kind of slow right now. I've already doctored 10 nest.
Also if the ants are going into your feed room ,coming into the house or getting on the porch....sprinkle with comet it takes a minute or 2 and they are gone. It does not kill them ,it just makes them leave.

Joy neat trick for the hens learned a new one today. Mighty expense for comet to move fire ants spray them with WP Demon or liquid Seven and kill them Black Flag dead.