Spring Sales

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Anyone heading out to any of the spring sales? Back in the 90's and early 2000's we would go to sales almost every weekend during the spring. Many of the farms would work together to have a sale tour over certain weekends. As our herd grew we found that we had less and less time to actually attend sales. I really miss getting to go to sales like we use to. We have always thought it was good to get out of your own back yard to see what others are doing and how they are doing it. And the most important thing is to see if what they are doing is working. We plan to attend a few sales here in the southeast this spring, we have three lots consigned to the Southeast Classic on May 20th. We are really proud to be involved in this sale. In July the boss and I will be touring some operations in Montana and North Dakota, needless to say I am super excited to make this trip!

gizmom

The wife and I are going with GCA to Virginia and DC the last week of April for a cattlemens tour. We're looking forward to getting away, and the fellowship. We expect to see some pictures of your wild west trip, have fun and enjoy yourselves.

gizmom":2cbfqv1n said:
In July the boss and I will be touring some operations in Montana and North Dakota, needless to say I am super excited to make this trip!
gizmom

You ever been out this way before? One of these days I'm going to go on a ranch trip to some operations on the eastern side of the state and Montana, mostly b/c I love cattle with giant rocky mountains as the backdrop. Enjoy your trip.

I try to make most of the local ones- and then a few others around the state.. Bad part of most bull sales is they come during calving season- when its hardest to get away..
I have a couple on my bucket list further away that I would like to make it to someday- with the Wye sale in Maryland being the furthest away.. Also Sinclair's and Ohlde's are two I've never made it to either..

bestoutwest

We did a tour of some ranches in WY and MT back in 08. We flew into Billings rented a van and put 1500 miles on it during the week. We toured the AI studs in Billings, Sinclair Angus in Powell WY, Van Dyke Angus, Sitz Angus and Coleman Angus. We also visited with some commercial operations. It was a great trip. I am looking forward to going back.

gizmom

gizmom":3iub2vjz said:
bestoutwest

We did a tour of some ranches in WY and MT back in 08. We flew into Billings rented a van and put 1500 miles on it during the week. We toured the AI studs in Billings, Sinclair Angus in Powell WY, Van Dyke Angus, Sitz Angus and Coleman Angus. We also visited with some commercial operations. It was a great trip. I am looking forward to going back.

gizmom

I bet that was wonderful. Hopefully the weather holds for you guys when you're out here.

Latest posts