Spring Pictures (Which pair do you like better)

Help Support CattleToday:

jscunn

Reaction score
DSC_0203_edited.jpg

11/29/08 Heifer

Which pair do you like better
DSC_0324.jpg

Mother (SAF Connection daughter)

DSC_0368_edited.jpg

Daughter (Born September 2008)

or

DSC_0379.jpg

Mother

DSC_0179.jpg

son

Like everyone else, I appreciate the fleshing ability, the depth and capacity of the second brood cow.

However, I judge a cow on what she produces; a cow must be able to breed as good as herself or better (hopefully better). The first cow with the heifer calf, have produced an outstanding daughter. The second cow with the bull calf has, IMO produced an average bull calf.

So to me, the first cow is the better one.

Based on the evidence that I provided all of you I agree. However, the picture does not do the bull calf justice. The calf has improved tremendously in the past 30 days. He went from a fairly average bull just one month ago, I saw him Monday and he is really starting to "pop". He has always had above avg thickness and muscle expression but now he is starting to look more like a bull.

The heifer calf is really good. I wish she was alittle deeper bodied. She should weigh about 600# right now (she is 210 days old). The bull is a week younger and probably 50# heavier.

Thanks for all the comments.

I don't like either of them! Just let me know when I can come take them off of your hands so you don't have to keep looking at those sad sacks :D

Seriously though, they are very nice!

Latest posts