Spring not

Help Support CattleToday:

Here they always say if March "comes in like a lion it will go out like a lamb" . All I can say is that if it's going out like a lamb it better get on it.

Larry

I will gladly take some winter right about now... The freakin snakes are out already! It's suposed to be raining every week or so and instead the hills are going brown.
Weaning should be more like may-june but we're looking at late april.

Last year it was in the 70s and even had a 85 degree day in march and also had a bad drought, it was 8 below with windchill this morning, I hope we get back to a more nornal weather pattern this year.

Better Yet!!!
481312_2925096263780_1775015314_n.jpg

john s":12qfy4qk said:
Better Yet!!!
481312_2925096263780_1775015314_n.jpg

Poor little feller just didn't have the strength to carry on. Just ain't natural for something to end it's own life that way.

Larry

herefordlover":332u073p said:
there saying could be like this 2 more weeks up here dun
Thurs and Fri they're saying 3-9 inches of snow(all depends on the timing), a days break then more snow. They're not even guessing how much for the second blast. Friday it was 80, 50 on saturday and 40's since. At least the trees haven;t started flowering or leafing out yet

We just plowed out a 5' drift so we could get back to the feeding area last night. One of the fences is nearly drifted over. And we are expecting a below zero night tonight. We should be in the 40's! Spring will be appreciated this year, once it comes.

redcowsrule33":3437hx74 said:
We just plowed out a 5' drift so we could get back to the feeding area last night. One of the fences is nearly drifted over. And we are expecting a below zero night tonight. We should be in the 40's! Spring will be appreciated this year, once it comes.
That's the main reason we left wisconsin when I was a yonker. Moved to seattle, dads resoning was "you don;t have to shovel rain"

TennesseeTuxedo":9yoytuce said:
Wise fella dun.
A side story. He bought an old White schoolbus and converted it to living quarters, bunk beds a kitchen, bathroom was an orange juice can behind a curtain. The day we left Green Bay the local radio station came out to interview the family, used to have a 78 recording of the interview but it got wore out ovr the years. This was in the 40s and the one question I'll never forget was "Aren;t you worried about the Indians?" Apparantly folks were out of touch even back then.
We called her "Old Bess", when we reached seattle we livid in her for a year till we bought a house. She was parked out front of the house for years until he finally sold her to a junk yard. It was sad seeing her go since she had been a fixture of our lives for so long

Its 2 degrees this morning with a "feels like" temp of -19. Yesterday the windchill prevented our youngest kids from going outside for recess so they ran through the halls. The snow is so deep that no one has a mailbox anymore. I have been trying to keep my chin up, but Minnesota sucks.

A little front came in overnight, and dropped some cool rain on my 16 tomato plants. Sun is peeking out now.
Sweet corn and squash will be up this weekend--I'm sure hoping it doesn't frost.

Dun I won't post picture's of the pasture's all greened up here or the fruit tree's that are one solid bloom.
Just wouldn't be right.
Supposed to get down to a chilly 48 here tonight.