Spring is here!

Help Support CattleToday:

BRAFORDMAN

Reaction score
Things are greening up in my neck of the woods!
Here are two F1 Fleckvieh x British White bull calves

2012-03-16_18-28-32_925.jpg

Don't know if you breed cattle for pretty looks or pretty production or both, and I know nothing about those breeds, but they
look purdy enough to eat sometime. gs

ALACOWMAN":11vr1dw4 said:
theres a cross i aint heard of yet... that white park look, must go a long way.... they look pure to me
That British White color gene often comes through for generations of cross-breeding. Does with the White Galloways, too.

plumber_greg":146j4j4j said:
Don't know if you breed cattle for pretty looks or pretty production or both, and I know nothing about those breeds, but they

Ive never eaten any of my calves before. I have been wanting to try it.
I have a friend who raises british whites. And she steers must of her bull calves and puts em in the freezer. She says that the meat is very lean. Leaner than angus and very tasty.

I had planned on doing some crossbreeding with hereford , and brangus bred to British White, but i sold the bred heifers and cows before the winter due the hay shortage.

BRAFORDMAN":x9fasmal said:
plumber_greg":x9fasmal said:

Ive never eaten any of my calves before. I have been wanting to try it.
I have a friend who raises british whites. And she steers must of her bull calves and puts em in the freezer. She says that the meat is very lean. Leaner than angus and very tasty.

I had planned on doing some crossbreeding with hereford , and brangus bred to British White, but i sold the bred heifers and cows before the winter due the hay shortage.
British White is good beef!! Don't let anyone tell you that BA is any better, unless they've tasted BW. :)

limftw":1b099fit said:
screw the calves... look at all that grass!

I haven't seen green grass since May of 2011. It turned dry in June.
This is our hay field. Our pastures that the cows weren't on during the winter look like this as well.